Off Grid Living / Camping > Camping / Camp sites / Recreational Vehicles

Black Bears in Ohio

<< < (3/11) > >>

Norm:
Finally spotted the bear in the pic 97fishmt was looking for a black bear
instead of a brown one.....very nice pics hiker1 really awesome !
thanks for the share guys !
Norm.

Bryan1:
G'day Guy's,
                    While looking thru Hikers pic's and yea there are some really nice scene pic's there are also a heap of goat pic's. As I was going thru each pic and saying nother goat nother goat the missus asked what I was looking at. When I told her pic's of alaska taken by the public her reply on the goats was well the women folks are in short numbers up there so.......

Anyway great pic's all the same and our young girls love the moose pic's.

Cheers Bryan

rossw:

--- Quote from: Bryan1 on July 04, 2012, 04:19:48 am ---While looking thru Hikers pic's ....

--- End quote ---

I was expecting you to warn them about our dropbears.
Looked to me like you'd need about a football team of those black bears to match one of our dropbears :)

DBCollen:
We do a lot of bear hunting here, the black bears are quite docile and afraid of people. We have even treed them with our horses while gathering cattle. My friend Jim is kind of crazy, he wants to rope one just to see what it will do, he thinks he and the horse will get chewed on but he is ok with that. He is the type of guy who will probably actually do it. We use mostly 30-30s, I also use my 454 casull pistol and carbine, but they are overkill. My girlfriend shot hers last year with a 243.

DBCollen:
Here is my bear from last year, he weighed 420lbs field dressed, I crawled on my belly into a brush thicket within 10 feet of him where the hounds had him bayed up. I shot at him and missed (hit a branch) and he almost ran me over leaving the brush, the dogs treed him a few hundred yards away, and I didn't miss again. He was an interesting bear, he was quite old and had been tagged in both ears, so he was a problem bear from somewhere relocated to our area. He had nothing but pears in his belly, and the dogs started him in a pear orchard. One of my friend who I hunt with has been bear hunting over 50 years and is a federal game tracker, and he has never caught a tagged bear before, so I decided he was special enough to make a rug from. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version