The Corner Tavern. > The Bulletin Board

We are back, But...

<< < (2/2)

Wolvenar:
Sorry guys. Yes the auto backup and offsite storage failed aug 15th, yet nightly told me different. I will be fixing this by making the remote site also run a script that sends me the details on what was transfered so I have a bit more certainty of said backup.

The only thing we can think of that caused this was the recent CME. I had several hard drive failures not only on the machine hosting the site. None of the machines have any electrical damage,  just the drives were irretrievably scrambled. I have up until this point always updated by hand any security patch needs, while doing so bypassing the upgrade to php. This was because there was another program on that machine which is no longer supported and would not run on new php builds. Well, when installing a new system (on new drives) this backfired as the forum was no longer compatible either with the new php. The fix was an undertaking that would have kept the forum down a lot longer. It was far quicker, easier and future proof to start back at a new download  and re add features that are unique to this forum. The data is unfortunately not as fresh as it should be, but at least it was not as bad as it could have been.

noneyabussiness:
Thank you for your hard work wolv... its greatly appreciated. .

WooferHound:
It appears that there is No Way to insert a photo into a post.
Can be uploaded but there is not the dropdown menu with the different ways to insert into the body of the text.

Wolvenar:
Woofer has this been resolved the way you expected?

Also the sign up process has been simplified a lot.
New methods of spam management has been implimented as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version