Product Information > Product Reviews

should have listened to Wolv

(1/8) > >>

bj:
  Because I was offered a really good deal,  I decided to try Microsoft's new O.S.  Wolv wasn't impressed, and
I should have paid heed.  It might be fine for a touch type application, where you never have to alter/play with
it, but from a tinker's point of view, not good.
  So, back to 7.
  Should have listened Wolv.  Won't make that mistake again. ;)

Wolvenar:
Fix the misery of lost start menu/orb at least.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/

Cornelius:
Strange...
I like the new win8 interface... :o

I've been a computer tech. for over 25 years with several MSCP's, and i know how to dive into the innards of windows to get it just the way i like, but i don't feel the need to do that with win8... :P
Even with a mouse, i feel the interface are better to use than the classic desktop.

If i now just could afford a 32"flat monitor with touch that i could embed down in my desk... 8)

Wolvenar:
The wife and I have played with win 8 on such a touch screen monitor.
It actually makes it work somewhat reasonable, with the exception that this screen is somewhat dynamic and often changed the positioning of things every other time you return to it.

Well I thought it was ok until I got their pathetic replacement for the BSOD (at Best Buy)
The stability issues I have seen so much is the major problem I have.
I was just trying to connect to wifi when I got their new error screen.
My sis in law just bought a laptop with win8 and she has had nothing but troubles with the college software on it.

Look for my previous post about it to see just a few examples.

BTW,  I also have been doing this for decades, and have such M$ certs.
But in my experience in getting those certs all I found they are good for is making a big impression on some clueless HR person that's hiring, or similar.
When all they do is try to beat the idea that the right answer can ONLY be the M$ centric one, while in reality the multiple choice they offer has many valid answers.

It's seems to me to be plain and simple attempts to brainwash you into thinking they are the only solution and are great etc etc.

Yeah, the tablet interface may be nice for a touch interface, but to totally remove the start/orb/menu is an asinine move for all the desktop users. This will also create a problem for businesses who will have productivity drops in the hampered for desktop interface. Early corporate adopters will suffer with training /learning time of employees, or tech support adding in the above classic start menu or similar. These will potentially cost companies millions-to tens of millions depending on the size of company.

Let alone this feels like an unbelievable repeat of Windows ME/Vista instability, bugs and exploits.

Cornelius:
I wouldn't even begin thinking of replying to that post... ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version