Author Topic: Snaterm 5kw inverter  (Read 3854 times)

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
Snaterm 5kw inverter
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:45:19 am »
Ok, so things have been quiet around here so i thought i would post my experience with my inverter.. i had no end of dramas trying to find  toroidal core that would be suitable for a ozinverter.. weeks ringing around and working out pricing. the joys of living in NQ is freight is bloody expensive..

My wife suggested i buy a pre-built one that is " not too cheap, but not to exy " and that eventually will be a reliable backup. so with her permission, i mean suggestion i did some shopping... turns out it wasn't as expensive as i thought .. except freight of course, mind you its not all that more pricey to import something from china than from the other parts of Australia...

so after 14 odd months and pushing it to its rated maximum at 35 plus degrees i'm am super happy with my purchase.. it will do its rated 5kw for at least 4 hours solid in 35 degree heat, i've had at least 2 kamikaze bugs of sorts try and blow it up... both caused sparks.. at least 3 times accidental short circuits (shutdown is instant and painless)..

it seems to have duel CPU, one doing all the house keeping ( PIC chip) and one doing the grunt work.. but it has a very similar layout to the PJ's...

Any load i have thrown at it , has not bothered it at all.. the transformer it has is of same dimensions as the 2 kw one out of a aerosharp that i finally acquired .. that didn't require my first born as a sacrifice.. but as stated happily did 5kw for 4 hours so go figure...

sorry about the poor quality photos.. with my phone...

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
Re: Snaterm 5kw inverter
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 02:48:55 am »
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b6iPWhIu

Link to item... its a bit more expensive since I bought mine... change from a grand when i did it... 400 of that was freight. ..

Offline tinyt

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 08:38:29 am »
Thanks for the info. Is that what they call an off line ups?

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 10:49:16 pm »
It can " ups " .. but ive never actually done it.. it has a resistor array to " soft " changeover ( relay actuated so not dissapative for long) so it doesn't kill mosfets etc like the PJ did..

Offline solarnewbee

• Cayenne Dashboard
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 10:14:30 pm »
They are still selling these under Snadi in the Philippines. They run about $475usd. The only ones for sale here with a toroid transformer. Almost bought one but got pulled back to a PJ because I had such good luck over the years. That is until I got connected to the grid foolishly and fireworks.
SN

Any day above ground is a day for potential mishaps