Author Topic: Got some cell monitors for two unmatched AH rated 24v forklift batteries for 48v  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Watt

• Over qualified in the inexperience department!
In Irc, the subject came up about a need for individual battery cell monitors.  Ross had been talking about his AGM 2v cell imbalance and his having a need to monitor each one.  I listened in and once he designed and built the devices and programed them I followed his data and watch patiently.  And then,  I received a 48v set and a 24v set from Australia! Thank you Ross Wheeler ( RossW ) here and in Irc.

Here they are!  Of course I had to install the 48v-24 cell version before I could remember to take a picture.....

6018-0

6016-1

CEO of this Dis-Organization....

Offline Watt

Here is the monitors sourced from RossW, installed. Here is a link to the cell data over the last year. http://ranges.albury.net.au/watt/BMS1.gif.html
I just installed the balancer over the last 16 hours. It will take some time to balance the cells and we will need to tweak the code for a while yet.

Offline Watt

I can certainly tell now when I added the cell monitor and the balancing scheme. I was also able to fix a single cell issue this month thanks to the monitor and graph. 

Offline Watt

The monitors worked flawlessly for years and years, too bad life got in the way and I let the cells get grossly out of balance without checking in on things. Got the inverter wiring cleaned up and made a little active cell balancing setup. It worked ok but in usual fashion, I had other things to do and lost track of things. Learned a great deal. Out with the old and in with the new