Author Topic: Powerjack: how to change permanently the output from 60Hz to 50Hz please ?  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Gerleu

Hi dear forumers,

A few weeks ago I’ve purchased my third Power Jack inverter, this time a LF4000W-ASL2 model… 😊

Unfortunately it stays at the 60Hz frequency despite depressing for two seconds the second black button on the panel. Two bips are issued but it stays always at 60Hz.

Of course I’ve tried several times because I know it is a toggle process between the 50Hz, 60Hz and automatic modes !

Last but not least, depressing the first black button to select the Chinese or the English language doesn’t work at all, but this is a minor problem.

So please, is it a way to force the 50Hz mode, otherwise I can’t operate several devices with it and thus it is yet completely useless ?

Thanks in advance for your awaited and appreciated help and kind regards,
Germain

Offline welshman

sounds tricky to over ride . perhaps investigate more into why settings are not working?

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Hi Germain, I have an 8000 watt 24 volt PowerJack, it has the two buttons that you mention but the manual that came with it does not show what they are for. Somewhere I read that one changed the language and one the frequency but no other details.
All the pictures in the manual show different models to mine, and yours by the sound of it.
I know that mine has voice prompts because it came with the active and neutral reversed internally and when I hooked it to my MEN system it told me that there was a 70% overload. Actually it was a short from active to ground because someone who put it together didn't bother to connect the output wires correctly.
I will have another look at my manual and see if it says any more about the frequency change.
Maybe hold the button longer and see if the lovely chinese woman speaks to you.
Pete

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
I had a look at my manual, it doesn't tell me anything at all about frequency changes.
My inverter is branded as a U Power 8000 watt. ( realistically 3000 watt) . The powerjack manual I looked at online says that you have to hold the button for 2 seconds and it should tell you by beeping or some other way that the frequency has changed.
I am guessing that once the frequency is changed then it should remember that and stay that way until you change it back.
It is probably worth taking the cover off the inverter and making sure that the plug from the switch is actually seated properly and that the switch functions.
I had problems with mine apart from the wrong polarity on the output but some of the plugs were not seated on the main board too.
good luck
Pete

Offline Gerleu

Hi Pete and many thanks for your so appreciated posts !

Finally I was able to switch the output from 60Hz to 50Hz and here is the procedure if someone needs it:

Frequency Selection:

This inverter features a user selectable frequency. They are as follows:
1.    50 HZ
2.    60 HZ
3.    Automatic (The inverter will attempt to match frequency)

You must choose the frequency that matches your local power grid. Failure to choose the correct frequency may result in appliance damage or inverter failure. Hold the second button down for 2 seconds. This will say the current frequency selection. To change this selection you must hold the button down again for another 2 seconds and the inverter will change the frequency. To keep your selection simply wait 2 seconds. You will hear an audible ‘beep beep’ to confirm the frequency selection.

Note : When you have confirmed the selection you must power off the inverter, wait 5 seconds and power the inverter back on.

Last but not least, I was able to increase the power output of my 4000W inverter from about 2800W to 3450W by modifying the settings of the DIP-switch with the ten positions near the edge of the power board below the flat cable connector:

Watching this board with the DIP-switch on the upper right edge, original settings from the top: switches 1 to 6 + 9 to 10 on the right side and 7 to 8 on the left side; boost settings from the top: switches 1 to 2 to the left side and 3 to 10 on the right side.

Hoping it could help you, thank you again Pete and all the best,
Germain

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Hello Germain, glad to hear that you managed to get the inverter to behave and stay on 50hz.
Where did you find the information on changing the power output.
As my inverter manual is actually not the correct one for my inverter ( no information on frequency changes etc) it has no information on changing power.
Good to hear that you found the info you needed
Pete

Offline Gerleu

Hi Pete,

I got those informations by contacting directly Helen (elfriede@163.com) at youlung.com;)

I'm sure she can helps anybody about any Powerjack issue...

Cordially,
Germain

Offline Pete

• Mount Barrow Tasmania
Thanks Germain, that is the first bit of information I have seen about the company that makes PowerJacks.
I have never seen anything in their manuals about who makes them or any contact details.
It is great to know that now.
Hope yours runs for a long time.
I have had a good run with them over the years. I have had a PowerStar W7, 12 volt that i added an inductor to to reduce idle currents, it still works great, I have a 5000 watt PowerJack that has never had any problems.
Recently I went over to a 24 volt system and now have the U Power 8000 watt. After I took the cover off and put a loose screw back in, corrected the output polarity and found a loose plug and socket it is going well. I am happy with it as it runs my air compressor, wood splitter and water pump well. I don't use them for a long time but it is lovely not to have to start a noisy generator just to do a quick job or two.
Thanks for your information
Pete

Offline Gerleu

Hi again Pete,

By looking on Internet (Google is your friend  ;)), you may find find several Web sites about the Powerjacks, for example on https://www.powerjack888.de/ or https://www.powerjackpowerinverter.com/ !

Las but not least, you will find a lot of videos about them on https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=powerjack

I run my inverter into a motorhome and I'm able to heat instantly water through an electrical faucet (3200 watts) too !

Cheers,
Germain