Author Topic: Max winding temp  (Read 5063 times)

Offline rossw

• Senior Moderator
  • Grumpy-old-Unix-Admin
Re: Max winding temp
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2022, 07:31:31 pm »
Spray drift
nowhere is safe from chemical sprays.

It can be a real problem.
I'm on a modest 22 acres. We moved here 20 years back and one of our conscious decisions has been to use mechanical and biological weed control measures - we cut and dig out blackberry roots and all, we encourage the Chrysolina beetle to control St John’s wort, slash and leave Pattersons Curse, and over-graze some areas where the sheep and alpacas can control nuisance weeds.
The amount of bird life here has increased by an order of magnitude both in diversity and quantity, we have heaps of frogs and lizards and other critters that were virtually absent when we got here, and lots of sensitive native flora like various insectivorous plants, kangaroo grasses etc are re-establishing.

We have neighbours who still choose to spray poisons around, and the council, but all are well aware of our concerns and "organic" status and most do actually make a decent effort to ensure we get no spray drift.

Offline lighthunter

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 09:19:35 pm »
Hi all! The compressor has been behaving well with winding temps that peak around 190F 88C, i cant say it works constantly flat out at 3590rpm but it does what needs to be done.

Another question about windings, hopefully an easier one :) HA,  Im planning to make a large boost converter. If i use a laminated core from a toroid power transformer as an inductor, how high can i go with frequency?  Or is that totally not a good idea? Ive some E55 ferrites i could use too but im looking to get a couple kw with an 8 to 1 ratio so id likely need to parallel a few. An 8 to 1 is tough to achieve anyway and i may need to series two windings on the same core to get the lift i need at that power level so the donut just gives lots more room to do it. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Health Warning: May contain traces of nut!
LH

Offline lighthunter

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 06:21:57 pm »
Hey Pete! Am beefing this up for a friend. How many 14awg in hand for 100A, seems like 5 is right number but if i remember pj formers had more than 5 i dont wanna go too short. The original is a 2kw 120/240 and i need to lay on the low v primary and another 120 to stiffen it a bit more and make it true split phase. It should make 5kw continuous if i do it right. Yep it will b an 8010 inverter Hope you and everyone is doing well.
LH

Offline lighthunter

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2022, 08:19:05 am »
Ha! I was way off. Looks like i need 17 in hand, 23 turns = 391 total for primary, the 120v will need 2 in hand x97 turns=194 total for 120v. Thats a total of 585 additional turns. Wonder if theres a formula for hole size required?? Seems like that will be hard to do with a 63.5mm hole.  Cross section of 14awg is 2.08mm so 585x2.08 is 1217 sq mm 63.5mm circle is 3167sqmm so it should fit. The thing is already very heavy.😁
LH