Author Topic: testing the egs002 inverter board  (Read 147605 times)

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
Re: testing the egs002 inverter board
« Reply #330 on: June 10, 2016, 01:43:08 am »
It will still work fine, just let me know which one it is or paste it here... I'll check it to see of/what it lacks or runs with. It may not have pin 6 on/off or it may not have off board leds, but it will work,??

I have a suspicion that one had a best guess at pin6 on/off and it worked, but works better with a slight change.

Is it that one I said not to build?

.......oztules
Flinders Island...... Australia

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #331 on: June 10, 2016, 01:50:56 am »
I built 2 that day, that one, made some changes, then made another one..... both work,  but there were some changes... will get to it tonight, but you can fill the board for a start, it is only the start style from memory... from temp to spwm start.

will look into it and see why I changed it.

.............oztules

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #332 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:54 am »
This is to help Zogg. It is not the latest, but will work with minor changes

DO NOT ACTION THIS without understanding it has no support, as it is/was a work in progress.
The final design is currently running the house  for the next week or more, and then I will put up the final working one that I will be able to support fairly readily, as it will become the run of the mill one I will use.

5819-0

5821-1

5823-2

5825-3

* 80109B.pdf (43.29 kB - downloaded 303 times.)

Maybe that will help.

The pcb had changed slightly by then, and it was a auto backup near the time the other one was changed. The pin 6 of 8010 chip  (pins 1,2,95,64,63,1,2)  is where the change up to that point is from the one you have I think.

Here is the pcb if you have a protel or altium pcb program. get trial here to read it if you want to go through the nonsense they have there.
http://www.altium.com/free-trial?utm_source=paidsearchgoogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Own-Brand-Broad-Search-without-USA&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyum6BRDQ-9jU4PSVxf8BEiQAu1AHqsH5UCndue6Cz_ZIYefg7_U5DgydJhZofVmYzAJ0-aYaAmsr8P8HAQ

* 80109B.PCB (48 kB - downloaded 328 times.)

..............oztules

Offline Dr_Zogg

« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2016, 03:19:54 am »
thanks oz,
this is the one i etched

Cheers ,
             Zogg
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Offline Dr_Zogg

« Reply #334 on: June 10, 2016, 03:24:43 am »
and thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Cheers,
           Zogg

Offline ClockmanFrance

« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2016, 02:57:34 pm »
Hi Zogg,

Those PDF's of mine have the 220vac to 12vac small transformer changes and off board connectors for the 2 LED's.

However my boards are the START/STOP using the Over Temp system, it works well.

I need some time to get my head around the Pin 6 modification that 'oztules' has done with the latest OzControl board. He has explained it, and I can see where he is coming from. But I am not the brightest of sparks, and I have certainly made some silly mistakes, that 'oztules' has gently pointed out.

I have just had a small quantity of double sided Ozcontrol boards done as my PDF.

But the next small batch I will incorporate those new PIN 6 amendments. 

Offline Dr_Zogg

« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »
are the fat yellow traces links like the 0r resistors?

Cheers.
            Zogg

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2016, 09:20:07 pm »
yes... just links.... due to poor pcb skills perhaps.....

............oztules

Offline Dr_Zogg

« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2016, 10:02:40 pm »
you are doing better than me i cant even make the correct one. lol

Cheers,
           Zogg

Offline billy

« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2016, 04:57:17 pm »
Hello Oztules,

In regards to the pj control card, when i connect my multi meter to the ground and the case of my Ozinverter I get a reading of 14.5 vac , and since you know everything about these things , is this normal? oh I should tell you that I have the case grounded to the rest of my RE system but haven't connected the pj ground to the case yet.

Thanks,
Billy

Offline oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2016, 05:59:44 pm »
I wish I did know everything about these things......remember I'm just a hack in reality....

Ok, the 14v or whatever it decides to be will have no current attached to it I expect so it is a high impedance imbalance.
When you ground all the stuff to a common, it will disappear and there will be no change in current draw.

Note, the PJ has several routes to ground on the control card and the power board. There is a series of caps that split the voltage to ground for noise purposes on both boards, and this leads to a measurable leakage component.

Then there are stray inductance voltages  from the heavy currents being switched.... a whole mess of things that will create small voltage changes.

Measure the AC current between the points, and I am guessing it will be in the milliamps at best.

What surprises me is the stability that the PJ has regards voltage when connected to the house earth system. The thing has no isolation between the mains and the control voltage ( except for a multi meg ohm staircase ), yet on the  8010 and 002 boards, it will throw the voltage sense off without isolation.

Do you have it up and running, and tested under loads yet?
How did it go for you.

pics etc...

................oztules

Offline billy

« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »
Oztules,

thanks for that , and yes its been running for 3 or more months now, 3 and 4 kw for hours (batteries crying) hehe,
I posted some pictures on thebackshed, I was the guy that blew up the first card lol I put it in a old orange air dryer case (tall) if you recall.

I wasn't sure if hooking the ground up was what blew the last card, but I also had some wires crossed as well, and now kind of scared to do that with no back up.

Billy

Offline rossw

• Senior Moderator
  • Grumpy-old-Unix-Admin
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2016, 09:19:47 pm »
Ok, the 14v or whatever it decides to be will have no current attached to it I expect so it is a high impedance imbalance.
When you ground all the stuff to a common, it will disappear and there will be no change in current draw.

Measure the AC current between the points, and I am guessing it will be in the milliamps at best.

When I'm faced with this situation, I use a sacraficial 1R resistor. I bought a couple of hundred 1R/0.25W metal film for $2 or something, so they're perfect. No risk of damage to my multimeter, and an instant "something's not right" indicator.

If that 15V is "leakage", then the 1R will remove it, the couple of milliamps will generate next to no heat, and all is good.
If the 15V is non-trivial, then the 1R will smoke, or go bang to indicate how much oomph is behind it! And for 0.1c it's real cheap insurance :)

Just my take on it.

(If you don't have 1R, anything that you have plenty of will do... 4R7, 10R, 100R, they'll all do the same thing for you)

Offline ClockmanFrance

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2016, 02:39:54 am »
Hi oztules,

Okay, I have looked at the Pin 6 start/stop arrangement you have progressed.

Compared to the 8010 Data Sheet and its arrangement, 393 & connection to the two 2110, just your additional 1k5 resistor is the most simplification I have ever seen.

Well done, ...... I do like your simplification philosophy.

I am going to be very interested in how and what you think this simple New Pin 6 ON/OFF behaves like.

I Also note that you have taken 2 caps from 4u7 to 10uf on the 5v and made them polarised Cans?, and also made the 4u7 on the AC voltage 500r trimmer a polarised Can.?

.........."and then I will put up the final working one that I will be able to support fairly readily, as it will become the run of the mill one I will use."  ........ excellent news!

Many Thanks   

Offline billy

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2016, 01:58:55 pm »
Hi rossw,

that would work great, i thought of using a small fuse. I'm going to check to see if there is any amps there, I hoping not or very little like Oztules mentioned.

Thx

Billy