Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Solar (heating or electric)

Laminates

<< < (3/3)

RichHagen:
I have bought a few orders of panels from them.  They are often a challenge to purchase from.  The most recent order was 4300 Watts of finished panels at $.78US per Watt from that recent clearance sale they had.  I think the good deals go fast, and you have to catch them early.  Once you get through and get the order worked out, my experience is that it goes smoothly from there.  I am guessing he keeps his costs dirt cheap but sacrifices customer service in the process.  It must work for him as he has been doing it for quite a while, and he move tons of panels.  I have rarely had to work so hard to make purchases from a vendor though.  Rich

Freejuice:
Hi Wolv,
 I was fortunate I had a very plesant experience with Sun, I grabbed that evergreen deal @ 78 cents a watt, everything went smoothly, they actually called me back 4 times one day when I was trying to order the panels.... they later kept me updated and even called me out of the blue as to the freight carrier it would be shipped with....with the fancy pallet and the way everything was so secured for shipping it weighed in at nearly 1000 lbs.
The shipping was just about 230.00 dollars from Miami to the upstate of SC.

It appears its a gamble on customer service with Sun, From my perspective I will give them an out...I was lucky and they do indeed move the product

I also looked at the laminates and after I found some "good deals" for junction boxes on ebay  and then adding some alminum for the frames I was better off just to buy the panels outright....heck I guess your mileage may vary, if you catch those laminates at cut-rate deals,  and can scrounge up the aluminum you might can flip it around to a cheaper route if you add in your free DIY time.
 Let me know if it works out for you, after I did the math for the pricing at the time it was a break-even adventure.
 all the best,
 Gavin

Wolvenar:
Ahh, the shipping. I have two options. One to ship it here where I live ( central Mn).. $400 minimum and up. Or I could shipped to northern Georgia ~$350 minimum.
If that latter it would be shipped to a friend that lives there in the winter and back here during the summer. It's getting close to time he would be coming back, and he has the ability to bring them with.
But the cost difference may not be worth it.

I am currently looking local, but everything made and or sold here is through electricians, and installers.

NONE of them want to sell panels without installing them is my bet. I will learn more when things open today I hope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version