Author Topic: long distance pwm control of GTI's with arduino  (Read 2105 times)

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
long distance pwm control of GTI's with arduino
« on: November 18, 2022, 12:01:47 am »
Hey all, been testing this for a bit now, and I'm confident it is achievable with a arduino and a nrf24l01 module,  I have a wotking prototype... I was thinking of a issue Clockman had, trying to regulate his GTI's from a significant distance and I've also come accross this need.. so Ill put up code for the arduinos and If anyone has comments or suggestions please let me know..

Ive added comments and left the original pinout description in the transmit INO.. personally tested these modules ( with booster and antenna)  to 700 meters open field / line of sight.. as this is a " bang bang " type pwm for my setup, it can also be easily modified for progressive pwm..

hope this helps someone .

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
Re: long distance pwm control of GTI's with arduino
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 05:26:29 pm »
OK, so found a minor fault, would after a undetermined amount of time, lock up and send full stops, so moved the watchdog reset flag into the" send " loop... so if it doesn't receive anything for 8 secs the WDT will reset chip... no more lock ups ...

Offline noneyabussiness

• I think it works....
Re: long distance pwm control of GTI's with arduino
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 02:38:28 am »
another Update,  has a LED as a heartbeat, whenever it picks up a proper signal from the transmitter. if goes solid, garbled data was recieved and will reset chip, else pulses. If it goes out of range of transmitter it will stop pulsing, again resetting chip to try connecting again.... also played with the timings ( more specific for my setup, but configurable) and put some upper/lower voltage limits on recieved voltage for more redundancy...