Author Topic: Looking for Rockwell Jointer parts..  (Read 5835 times)

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
Looking for Rockwell Jointer parts..
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
Folks;

Like the title says, I am looking for parts for a Rockwell 4" Deluxe jointer. Model #37-130.

I have followed a dozen dead ends looking for parts but not much luck. In particular, I need the knife holder "drum" or whatever it is properly called.

The entire jointer was seized up with rust. After a quart or so of WD40 and a few hammer taps I got most of it freed up but the cutter assembly is pretty trashed and I cant even get the knives out of it but got it off the machine.

I picked this up on a whim for $25 because the castings were good despite the rust. I don't really need a jointer but often could use one on projects.

Any help appreciated.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline Norm

• Today is the day you worried about yesterday.
Re: Looking for Rockwell Jointer parts..
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:35:04 am »
Folks;

Like the title says, I am looking for parts for a Rockwell 4" Deluxe jointer. Model #37-130.

I have followed a dozen dead ends looking for parts but not much luck. In particular, I need the knife holder "drum" or whatever it is properly called.

The entire jointer was seized up with rust. After a quart or so of WD40 and a few hammer taps I got most of it freed up but the cutter assembly is pretty trashed and I cant even get the knives out of it but got it off the machine.

I picked this up on a whim for $25 because the castings were good despite the rust. I don't really need a jointer but often could use one on projects.

Any help appreciated.

Tom
If you don't have one make a quick forge big enough to acommodate the cutter assembly
after letting it soak for about an hour and it's a dull red douse it in a vat of oil...
(probably not water would temper the cutter knives too much) if it has set screws maybe
all that is needed is a torch on the set screws.....the forge would be the second resort
rather than this first attempt.

Gee you'd think Rockwell parts would be easy to get ?
Norm.