Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

8010 based 5kw chinese sinewave mosfet inverter board

<< < (3/10) > >>

solarnewbee:
I’m thinking of using this same thing with the PJ power boards from my 15kW that blew when they’re repaired some day in the near future. Just have to trace out that ribbon cable!

lighthunter:
Ive not done this but from memory, Oz did in his egs002 thread at the beginning, seems like he changed the resistor values and maybe snubber caps. He said something like the gate waveform wasnt healthy until he did this.

noneyabussiness:
definitely change the 47 ohm
gate resistors to at least 10 ohm ( 4.7 ohm on official schematic) also the anti- parallel diodes ( common 1n4148 sufficient) if you are converting a PJ board... the 47ohm will distort the waveform and cause problems...

noneyabussiness:
also, the snubbers are fine, but will heat more than when
using the PJ control gear... as the mosfets turn on / off significantly faster
with the eg8010, which can / will cause a increase in " noise " ... when I originally used a PJ board I just changed the snubber resistor to a 5 watt verson ( same resistance) was overkill but I like reliability... Ill try and find it, but OZ did post a " pinout " of the 10 pin connector, easy enough to do it yourself though...

Pete:
I have just received a 5kw 24 volt 8010 board. I have hooked it up to a transformer that came out of an 8kw powerjack.
Just wondering if anyone knows what voltages powerjack wind their transformers for.
I cannot adjust the output voltage to get more than 208 volts AC
I measured the transformer primary and my meter says it is getting 19 volts.
Looking at the specs of the Sunyima boards they suggest a 12 to 14 volt primary for their 3kw board.
The board that I received is a no name board with the usual, no specs, no diagrams. I have managed to get it to work but need to up the output voltage.
I thought of putting a resistor in the feedback circuit to trick the unit into upping the primary voltage.
When i adjust the output voltage pot above the 208 volt output all is does is cause the inverter to shut down.
Anyone have any ideas, on whether dropping the voltage the board sees will trick this thing into at least giving me 230 volts.
Thanks
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version