Author Topic: Older Power Jack frequency toggles 50/60Hz  (Read 2428 times)

Offline inline_phil

Older Power Jack frequency toggles 50/60Hz
« on: February 22, 2019, 02:49:25 pm »
So I got up this morning and my UPS was complaining about something, I knew not what.

Upon further investigation, the Power Jack 15Kw 48V-110V inverter/charger [charger not hooked up] had toggled the output frequency [should be 60Hz, changed to 50Hz].

Shut down and disconnected batteries. Restarted and it came up in 60Hz but then switched to 50Hz in about a minute. Did this 3 times and finally the third time it stayed at 60Hz.

Now this is the weird thing. I tried also resetting it from the panel [power off, batteries connected] before the above and then turned the unit back on. Got a menu on the display with the numbers 1-2-3. Anyone seen this?

My unit has been performing flawlessly for years and suddenly decides it wants 50Hz. Thoughts? How do I fix it [beside tossing it and buying a REAL inverter]?

Offline rossw

• Senior Moderator
  • Grumpy-old-Unix-Admin
Re: Older Power Jack frequency toggles 50/60Hz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:47:30 pm »
My unit has been performing flawlessly for years and suddenly decides it wants 50Hz. Thoughts?

Some of us might think it's been operating 20% high in frequency for years and has now "come good" :)

Offline BenandAmber

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 02:13:59 am »
Guy on YouTube that works on and sells Power Jack inverters had this exact same problem with his his you can find him on YouTube or his website he is glad to answer questions has a number where you can text him and he will get back hold of you

website Genetrysolar .com

Offline BenandAmber

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 02:17:46 am »
Screenshot of his YouTube channel