The Corner Tavern. > Weather

Cold weather is back in Minnesota

(1/4) > >>

Wolvenar:
We have been seeing temps here that are approaching -30F the last couple weeks, with windchill that's sometimes colder than -100F.

This is still not the weather we used to see, (-50 or so) but its significant compared to the recent trend.
We are in for another round after a short warm up, but it doesn't so far appear as bad.
We may see low windchill temps, but the actual temps are not as low this time around.

Windchill only makes a difference on anything that's holding or creating heat, it makes things cool down faster.
It does not affect the actual temperature, just how much and how fast heat is robbed..

hiker1:
after minus 40--it all feels the same to me -  worked up north -lowest it hit was -75 with a slight wind--we were moving some mods[huge 5 story high building] down the ice road and the seals on the shirley trailers kept cracking and leaking..not very fun to clean up when its that cold !! 
  its a bit warm here anch. ak--nice change from the below zero weather we had a while  back !

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/Anchorage.html

ghurd:
Both you guys need to move your solar panels a lot farther south, then put your house next to them.

-40 degrees is WAY too cold, and I don't care if that is -40C or -40F.
At -40 it doesn't matter if you speak English or metric, too cold is too cold.
G-

dang:
I'm down on the far side of the ring road seen at the 4 o'clock portion of that map...

...and we are told since this portion of the State has dirt/ground exposed many places, ie: lacking at least a foot of snow, our temperatures are 10-15°F warmer than they should be.

I looked last night for a webcam of the Mississippi River around here but they are geared toward springtime melt floods. The drought plus ice-lock-up has made it low, low, low.

Wolvenar:
Could you share that webcam url if you found one dang?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version