Author Topic: Blades stalling  (Read 14357 times)

Offline TurboMiles

Re: Blades stalling
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:10 am »
The wind turbine was converted to a down wind style to eliminate some weight.  Flying in a 15mph wind and the rotor in one piece unscrewed from the shaft.  Realizing what I did wetting I made another set of blades that spin the opposite direction.  Stood it up and out performed the best it ever had.  Wind was averaging 15mph and made 1kw in 4 hours.  Didn't think it was too bad for my baby turbine.  It lasted about 5 hours and the part of the shaft with the threads broke and again the blades went flying off.  Now there are no threads to attack anything to the generator, it could be modified by machine shop but I'm thinking I'm done with this turbine.  Thought I would share.

Offline niall

• No Personal Text Set by User
Re: Blades stalling
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:38 pm »
you,ve  made of lot of beautiful blades blades in a short time... :)   and thanks for sharing......its the stuff that goes wrong thats the most interesting to read

as macabre as that might seem ......

downwind machines do have their appeal ...i only tried it once and duely failed .....it was a nice thing though.....i was very attached to it at the time , i wanted it to work i guess

no tail ....whats not to like  :)