Project Journals > Wolvenar

Wisconsin motor repair

(1/3) > >>

Wolvenar:
Repairing a Wisconsin motor that powers a home built small backhoe

Edit---- Carb condition--- and backhoe in action

Isaiah:
Looks like you got some stuck valves that is normal for the 2 and 4 cylinder Wisconsin.
 Work the valves out  and clean them up and have them ground,polish up the stems , and the guides see
 If you can find a .001 over size reamer and ream the guides. Grind or recut the seats.
Is that oil something some one put in it or is it pumping oil?
 When you start going back take a chamfer tool and countersink the bolt holes just a bit and if possible run a tap in the holes and never seize the bolts when you put them back.
That was a spring job on balers that had the Wisconsin on them. I may still have head gaskets and maybe a few pistons but i don't think I got any new rings. NAPA should be able to come up with rings.

Wolvenar:
Yes it was stuck valves in this motor.
The oil is what my friend who owned this tried to get things unstuck with ( failed).

Overall this was an easy fix.
I pulled the valves and cleaned it all, then cut the seats and ground the valves to fit better, as it was leaking a lot of compression.

The carb was also corroded badly, so that got a cleaning.

In the end I also changed out the crappy carbs most Wisconsin engines came with one that had better adjustments for air/fuel. This solved the governor speed hunting they tend to do.

This was on a small home built backhoe I had borrowed to do some work here around the house, and I cant stand things working half arsed when I am using them so went a bit farther than just making it run well enough..
It had  to run perfect all the time or I would been ticked off, so yeah they got a good deal out of letting me use too.

Isaiah:
I had a 4 cylinder come in one time on a portable sand blaster .
This one was a mess and  it seemed like you just couldn't get rid of the sand.
 Glad to hear you got it going good. they are a nice motor when they are right.
 I have a single cylinder on my wood splitter. one pull with the choke one pull with choke off and its running
no matter what the temperature is.
 Isaiah

RichHagen:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on April 26, 2012, 11:06:43 pm ---This was on a small home built backhoe I had borrowed to do some work here around the house, and I cant stand things working half arsed when I am using them so went a bit farther than just making it run well enough..
It had  to run perfect all the time or I would been ticked off, so yeah they got a good deal out of letting me use too.

--- End quote ---

Hey Wolv, I have a lawn mower that needs for you to borrow it . . . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version