Project Journals > Oztules

Building a 6kw pure sine wave inverter using power jack boards part2 the guts..

<< < (2/34) > >>

oztules:
Not bothered by the center board support, as the heat sinks give it structural support,and make the board rigid front to back.

If the 5v6 is not warranted, leave well enough alone. there has been no sign of necessity on two of my big board conversions either.

How did it go for you performance wise.... does it tick all the boxes,..........have you pushed it hard, ............tried all sorts of loads.....and did you get to play with the reverse grid tie aspects yet..... and most importantly, did it match up favorably with the big ticket unit...SMA. ( ie  has your wife threatened to shoot me for wasting your time and her money?)  ::).
Mine has been flawless for a long time now

...............oztules

Ps here is another effort from Glen at the back shed. 3kw nominal. Single transformer from inspire 2.5 inverter... no rewind either, his coils were inside out, so only needed to release the primary from the outside, and had 240v coils ready to go....dammit....

http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7800&PN=1&TPN=3

I believe a few more conversions are in the pipe there also......

oztules:
Forgot to give a picture of it actually working....... :-[

Here we are testing at 4kw.... using a 2kw jug, and the fan heater that I built for panel construction a few years ago. Temp ran a 15C above ambient, fans at about 1/2 speed stable. It seems to turn on at 34.5c and can't hear the fans. By the time it gets to 35.5 it is running fairly briskly, and easily keeps the unit at 36c while running the 4kw Ambient is about 20-21c..... will have to load it up further to get the fans to max out, but that will have to wait until daylight, no point burning high power at night... batteries at 50.5 while running the 4kw... and ever so slowly dropping to 50.1
and the killer solar panel maker...

it works as advertised, and will do 100kwh in the next week to burn it in.

.....................oztules

PS ... no I don't know why that happened, and I cant seem to stop it either :o

RFburns:
Nice work! Oztules . On a related note I have ordered a couple of boards and the seller is very insistant that I provide a picture of my inverter (which I dont have as its a work in progress  :) ) so that they can provide the correct model of boards  even though I have explained that I will be using my own transformer; has anyone else had this ?. Stu

oztules:
What size are you after Stu.

I have not had that problem.

Shoot a personal message to OTW, and he will probably be able to sort it out. He seems to have an "in" with Cher there, and solves most problems apparently... ie gets stuff sent to countries they would not normally  etc etc..... or use pictures of my boards.

I can see their point, some have extra sensors, some have the extra black wire... which can confuse the neophytes out there etc.... but OTW should be able to get things moving.

ClockmanFrance:
I just recently ordered and received another set of new 15kW boards.

Shocking...... I have got the BUG.     ;D

These folk ....  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171760626915?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=470713282062&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
also asked for a photo of my Inverter so I sent them these 3 pics of my July obtained boards.

and

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version