Author Topic: For Sale - 16' Axial Wind Turbine (SOLD!)  (Read 7043 times)

Offline Dave B.

• No Personal Text Set by User
For Sale - 16' Axial Wind Turbine (SOLD!)
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:42:15 pm »
I built this 16' turbine nearly 7 years ago and have flown it in several configurations including high voltage water heating, 24 volt and 48 volt battery charging. I will include 4 different stators for conversions.

It is dual 1/2" x 16" diameter rotors, 6 bolt hub, 40 (20x2) 1" x 2" x 3/4" N42 neos 3 phase 15 coil stators. Ash 222 profile blades, glass over foam nose cone, auto and manual  furling with hydraulic damping, commercial grade slip rings and brush assembly, ball bearing yaw and grease fittings. Tail is aluminum and the main assembly and tail boom is steel.

I have run this machine up to 3 KW in each configuratin no problem. Tweaking the furling and airgap in it's current 48 volt battery configuratin I have it set very conservative at approx. 1500 watts max slightly over 200 rpm approx. 20 mph. It has shrugged off storms of 65+mph winds at 85' agl on several occasions. With caution this machine can be tweaked for much higher output but the 222 blades are very fickle where they run best without stalling or overspeed.

I have faithfully maintained this machine and last Spring I did a complete tear down, inspection and maintenance on it. I plan a different machine in the near future and with only the one tower the top needs to be vacant when it's completed ready to install.

If the moderators allow the link you can see it run here at www.dcbenergy.com  I am located in Western NY near Jamestown in Chautauqua County. Come see it running, we'll lower it down and I'll help you dis-assemble it and pack it up with you. Advice is free, turbine, tower stub and 4 stators is $2,495.00

Reply here on the board or email me at:    bruggelog (at) netsync (dot) net

Dave B.

Offline Dave B.

• No Personal Text Set by User
Re: For Sale - 16' Axial Wind Turbine
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:14:36 pm »
This turbine has been sold.  Dave B.