Author Topic: Paranoid or Prepared?  (Read 9999 times)

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
Paranoid or Prepared?
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:35:26 pm »
Found this on one of my gun nut lists.

Probably used without permission, copyrighted maybe, whatever. Hosted elsewhere.

Personally, I am Prepared.

It ain't paranoid when they are out to get you!

Zombies must exist they make movies 'bout them all the time.  :o

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline wilfor03

• USA - Union Grove, Al
Re: Paranoid or Prepared?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »
Hey tomw.....

I agree with ya on this one....I too, am prepared.......them Zombies are probably sponsored by O-blame-ya, eh?

LOL   8)

Bill (another Navy-Army Vet!!!)

Offline halfcrazy

• Central Maine
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
Tom
I to am prepared especially now that Hornady makes the proper Ammo: http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

Ryan

Offline ChrisOlson

• just trying to survive
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »
Zombies must exist they make movies 'bout them all the time.  :o

Aliens too.  Aliens are real.  My grandson told me so.  He used a perfectly logical reasoning - he's seen 'em in the movies and they couldn't make movies with space aliens unless they had some space aliens.
--
Chris

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:10 am »
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »
And to think, if the kid had used a shotgun the suspect(s) would had a MUCH less likely chance to have made it to the hospital.

http://newsninja2012.com/texas-15-year-old-protects-himself-and-his-sister-from-home-intruders-with-his-dads-ar-15-rifle/#axzz2JbqWlsW1

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:36 am »
Anyone who is for an "assault weapons ban" PLEASE watch
This senator puts into words all the things I have been trying to convey for weeks, only he does it in a much more elegant way than I ever could.

Offline hiker1

• hiker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:20 am »
well if they put a ban on ammo--i still have my old back up ...plenty of black powder and balls .44
1851 navy colt.....................
just do it

Offline David HK

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 03:49:14 am »
Just out of curiosity, if I wanted to own a 20mm anti aircraft gun and fire it on a range from time to time would a licence be required ? If yes, why?

I have the impression that Americans can own whatever they want in the way of guns.

How about 18 inch torpedoes? Can one own such things and have a day out firing them from one end of a lake to the other?

David in HK

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48:25 am »
well if they put a ban on ammo--i still have my old back up ...plenty of black powder and balls .44
1851 navy colt.....................

Today, that is not even considered a firearm by the ATF. Who knows next year?

A couple buckets of relatively common materials and you can make your own powder. Caps are  a bit tougher. Lead is not exactly rare, either.

I just keep a good stash of primers, powder and bulk bullets around and can reload the brass I have on hand enough times I am set for life as long as I don't live another 40 years (unlikely).

My more modern but no more lethal version of the .44 in a Magnum.

An example of how stupid they are on these "assault weapons". A bit of plastic changes what it is?

Sanity may yet prevail.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
Here in MN for the moment David.. you COULD own one with intense restriction and use.. licensing and permitting. Howver you likely would not have too many days of fun with such a gun without going broke.. You would need scheduled time at an approved site, and it would cost a fortune for the ammo and cleaning supplies.

Offline hiker1

• hiker
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 01:50:20 am »
tomw..  that navy colt is a fun little shooter...but i only use 24 grains of 3f in it..reason being--its a brass frame..going to upgrade to a dragoon[steel frame]-holds up to 50 grains..i was going for a colt walker -  holds up  to 60 grains..but its to  dam big and heavy !!  great gun otherwise...  heres one of my hiker guns...i use hard cast ammo.
300 grains....it does kick a bit with those... :}

just do it

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 12:34:09 am »
A Sandy hook father standing up up for his and our constitutional rights.

In Mn there are plans to impose laws that will make 90% of guns illegal.
This would effectively KILL our hunters, and the tourism it brings.
Where I live would be the final nail to destroy pretty much all the local towns that are already hanging on by a thread because of all the weather changes/drought etc damaging tourism. Tourism is what the economy of the area is based on.

Sure there is bow hunting, but considering that sport is less than 10% of the gun hunters....

All I can say is.. Bill Stevens, and Charlton Heston,
I'm with you all the way.

Offline David HK

• No Personal Text Set by User
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35:09 am »
Wolv,

I am not an American, but, based on your note above, it says two thing:- the pendulum is stuck in the wrong position at the moment, and, if the legislature has its way, it will become stuck at the opposite end.

What everybody wants - it seems - is for sanity to put gun laws where the pendulum is in the happy middle.

Or have I got it wrong?

David in Hong Kong

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 06:09:26 am »
Sad thing is.. there is NO middle ground.

Guns are inanimate objects just like cars.
It's the people that control them which are the problem.

As I have said before, vehicles are a prefect example of how you can control an inanimate object through licensing, laws, limitations, insurances, etc. They even have patrols monitoring and enforcing each of the thousands of laws which regulate how you can use a vehicle, and where.
Yet they contribute to more deaths per year than guns and most other means of violent death combined do.

I agree there should be some sort of mitigation on who can have them..
Although I do not trust our government to be a responsible and legitimate regulator and controller of that process.
On the same token in the end it will do little good.

But as my vehicle example above shows, it will do little good if Billy Joe Bob really decides to obtain or create a lethal weapon of ANY kind.
The imagination is the limits, and there is not much anyone could do to stop or deter an intelligent individual with a vendetta. Remember the saying there is a very fine line between genius and insanity, history, and experience has proven this to me so I have no doubts. If you don't subscribe to this idea, I'll give you two scenarios to think about.

First related to the previous. You may not have ever thought about it, but how many ways can you think of that could cause mass casualties with what you presently have access to, if you had no concern if you survive your attack.
Now try to imagine if you had access to a very well equipped garage, and the ability to use those tools.
Now, imagine you have a degree in chemistry, and/or engineering.
After giving that a few minutes of thought, do you still think a gun makes much difference?
I can imagine many much much more effective means. 

Second you are presented with a situation where you are in possession of a gun and your opponent has shot someone in front of you and your most certainly next.. Would you let yourself be shot, or would you shoot?
Taking from a politicians playbook.. What if it was your child about to be shot?
I know what my decision would be.

A very large amount of the violent crime in the USA ( and abroad) are committed by well connected, and reasonably intelligent individuals who for some reason or another feel they have been wronged.

So my argument is essentially. The *perception* of necessity is the mother of invention, and it will do little good to ban one device or another. We have to find a well thought out and new approach to how our society works in general. Beginning with fixing this problem with unregulated government, continuing with fixing our (in)justice system,  and drug pushing medical society. Where we are heading has been the downfall of entire cities/cultures throughout history.

We could also greatly benefit from a new approach contrary to handing a criminal a lifetime of room/board and food
I mean a criminal that has been eye witnesses by many, caught in the act...and absolutely without a doubt caught committing heinous crimes. But again this wont address those who expect and or hope to die in their misdeeds.

There is a dire need in this country to setup legislation to allow unhampered public watchdog processes where NO politician/policeman/force has unrestricted un-monitored and unquestionable control of our rights.
This is supposed be that way now, but most if not all those processes have been corrupted, and made almost entirely ineffective

Back to guns
Those scared or ignorant of guns really do not realize that our country *WILL* be lost if guns are banned.
Guns are the core of why the USA exists its in *fact* the very reason we have our independence.

It is my, and likely the majority or this countries opinion that a major factor why our government has not gone the way of total communism or totalitarianism today is they risk a real and present danger of a civil war that is beyond what anyone have ever dreamed as long as all these guns are out here.
In fact this legislation may end in such as well if not defeated, as guns are so ingrained in what makes the USA.

It may be hard for non USA individuals that are "used to" gun control to understand what the big deal is.
To many/most of us here, its tantamount to taking away your right to go to the kitchen in your own home.

Ok , these are MY opinions, but this site should remain essentially neutral.

I do welcome *intelligent*, thought out , and well presented debates on the issue.