Off Grid Living / Camping > Utilities

Re: Image problems

(1/3) > >>

tomw:
Yeah, we need to fix this attachment failed security crap. I get bit by it occasionally on photos I take myself and I am certain that no security issues exist with them. One reason I post my photos elsewhere and avoid the stupid problem all together.

There must be some way to tell the forum to stop this silliness. I use a Kodak that is a couple three years old. No windows here so nothing is getting inserted by that gaping security hole.

Tom

Wolvenar:
Try the attachments again please , change something.

ChrisOlson:
I had the problem with photos one day too.  I kept at it and by process of elimination I found it was just one picture it didn't like, for whatever reason.  I took that picture out and it uploaded fine with the rest of the pictures.  IIRC I re-took the picture with my Kodak camera and tried it again.  It still wouldn't take it.  So I uploaded the picture to my Picasa Photo Albums and linked to it from there and that worked fine.

It's strange that it did not like that picture, even after I re-took the picture and tried it again.  It might be a bug that the SMF people should be made aware of?
--
Chris

rossw:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on May 03, 2012, 11:38:13 am ---Try the attachments again please , change something.

--- End quote ---

As you know, I generally don't save images to the forum - I host them myself and just post links.
That said - the recent word-puzzles and "find the faces" - I had no interest in hosting the files myself and it made more sense to upload them.

The first word puzzle worked fine. As did the second. The 3rd however refused to work. The aforementioned security error. Oddly, I'd done exactly the same as I had on the first two!

Tried re-saving the image. Same problem. Then changed file type from .jpg to .png and it worked.

Doesn't necessarily fix the problem, but might be a pointer to where it's going wrong - or at least an easy work-around.

Rover:
Something has to be looking at the TAG too closely...

Rover

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version