Off Grid Living / Camping > Survival Skills

Guns, Ammo and perceptions....

(1/6) > >>

tomw:
Found on line no author quoted or known to me.

Guns, ammo, and perceptions

You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found
he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 1-million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.

My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: "Wow! He has about a million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache".

By southern California standards someone even owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable. Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector".

In Arkansas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector".

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared", but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy".

In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate".

In Wyoming , he'd be called "an eligible bachelor".

In Southern Delaware, he'd probably be the guy next door.  There is only 6 of them in Northern Delaware.

And, in Oklahoma , he'd be called "a deer hunting buddy".

In Ohio, he would be called Ghurd!  ;D

No, I'm not "back" but found this interesting.

Just to lighten the mood.

Tom

jlt:
With the price of ammo and reloading components going up It sounds like a better investment  than gold. 

I still have some of the Of the military powder I paid a buck a pound .

wilfor03:

--- Quote ---
No, I'm not "back" but found this interesting.

Just to lighten the mood.

Tom

--- End quote ---

In Alabama, I hope I could call him "my neighbor"!!!!    ;D

Bill

bj:
   After reading that, and having a good chuckle, I made myself a large note, and posted it on the wall
above the computer.
     It reads"Do Not, repeat, NOT, annoy Ghurd for any reason whatsoever".

bj:
  If this works, just proving I wasn't bluffing.  Also to try and figure out attaching.

guess it worked

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version