Author Topic: Wind Farms moving the heat?  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Wolvenar

• Senior Moderator
  • Mr. Murphys pawn
Wind Farms moving the heat?
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:27 am »
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this but for those who havent.

http://videos.realgravity.com/197/content/120989/605430-f58e9d58d17bdd5bfa03f198abff5b6a0124.mp4

Like it says in the end, they don't add energy they even take some it away from the area in the form of electricity.
The overall energy is always the same.

Now when will they do this same study near coal fired or nuclear power plants?
I would love to see those numbers!
Trying to make power from alternative energy any which way I can.
Just to abuse what I make. (and run this site)

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
Re: Wind Farms moving the heat?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:01:43 am »
   I'd love to see those numbers too.  But I'm not holding my breath.  Even hydro on a large scale will have an
effect, due to a large body of water leveling out temp fluctuations in the immediate area.
   Unfortunately, even if the survey was done with the best intentions, and methods, it will be interpreted by some
to support their own agenda's.  Interesting info though.  Thanks Wolv.
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline tomw

• Not as bad as you might think
  • Senior Moderator
  • hoplophobic people will fear my lifestyle
    • Zubbly's photos!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:33 am »
It was probably funded by the coal and oil conglomerates who have the most to lose to renewables.

Nothing much new in the world.

One of my current favorite misinformation campaigns is the "sugar is sugar" ads where they start out talking about how some folks think high fructose corn syrup is bad for you then go on to say that science to your body "sugar is sugar" . Probably true, but, High fructose corn syrup is NOT sugar. They get away with it because it is not a lie just a subtle change in subject half way through the ad.
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ?° ?? ?°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Offline bj

• Lamont, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 02:32:07 pm »
  Funding? probably Tom.  The fact that they started on Wind Turbines in the first place says to me that they
had their own agenda, before they started.  No matter what their intent, the final result will get manipulated
until it bears no resemblance to the original study.
   Crap---I guess this qualifies as my first rant of the year. :-[  at least it was only a little rant.  ;)
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj

Offline seajinn

• A 2 bit Jinn
    • Hearbal Equine K9 Health care
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:08:56 am »
Bahahhahhahha  Just consider me one of the sheepole will yahh , but any fool even been in a small airplane will tell you the same, every 500 feet up the tempiture drops  Duhh ! What a bunch of BULLCHIT.
  It like all the brains I am friends with over at NASA's Wallops Flight center ware to speak of Dyson's theroy gets you kicked off the bass. I know  coz i still have the boot print on a pair of jeans, When I spoke up that in a geo globe or ring world structure the size of earths orbits . The relation to the shear mass in the structure would have the citizens of such a world with legs like elephants to support there weight to that mass.
  Same with sugar. Why then can a diabetic buy and use the cheap Mexican tan unrefined sugars but not the holy white refined sugars or futrouse ? Near all sugars are grown in soils rich in sulfur most from volcanic history. So Natrual sugars are tan. > Sulfur is the sole mineral to regulate the immune system + the fact the mammals genome can not take up sulfur alone so it needs to be cleated or grown into a food stuff including natural sugars to get into the system. White is left with a residue the fed estimates wont kill you tell your old enough to drop dead any way so it is rendered safe. The white then helps to vaporize what little sulfur you then are able to take up...
  Bahhbahbah
    Hay lets go chemically cloud up the sky's so we can cool the place off some  :o
There's more to the eye then the cat thats nimble

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 01:21:32 pm »
 Why is wind the only victim? PV gets hot...  ::)

LOL

Like it says in the end, they don't add energy they even take some it away from the area in the form of electricity.
The overall energy is always the same.

Now when will they do this same study near coal fired or nuclear power plants?

They aren't adding it there either, still "just moving it around a bit" as they put it in the video.

Granted, it's accelerated, and going from stored form to latent heat, so it appears that it's being added, but on a global scale, no "new" energy is involved. All of the chemically stored energy was all photons at one point, with nuclear being forged and deposited early on.

Hair splitting aside, there will be arguments against RE until the oil/coal/nuclear/whatever runs out, and then there won't be anything to fight about. The sun will come up each day, the wind will blow, and dust will cover the once prosperous but then useless oil spouts that litter the surface.

Steve
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline ranatology

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 03:49:57 am »
Wind energy, in common with other renewable energy sources, is broadly available but diffuse. Wind energy was widely used as a source of power before the industrial revolution, but later displaced by fossil fuel use because of differences in costs and reliability.to more information visit this site

[MOD EDIT - Link removed. Please, no external links by new users. See the rules for more information.]
User is currently banned
This user was given more than ample warnings about rule infringements.
His posts had little content with most posts having none.
The one that does certainly does not warrant exceptions.

Offline rclark

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:56:15 pm »
Why is wind the only victim? PV gets hot...  ::)

LOL... Good point. As far as wind critiques go, this is definitely a pretty "meh" approach to take. The benefits still far outweigh the drawbacks.