Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Wiring and Code discussion

New standard for renewable energy battery storage installations

<< < (2/2)

Pete:
Hello Noneya, well as far as changing it goes, I have no idea. As long as our governments think it is  a great idea to keep on privatising everything so that their mates can make a profit we are stuffed.
I actually decided to leave the trade after a couple of arguments over AS3000 with our supply authority.
It was not worth the hassles to me. Their very strange interpretations of the rules could have cost me and quite a few other sparkies that I knew everything we had.
I had much more fun working on my own as a handyman after giving up my contractors licence.
Unfortunately many of the current crop of electrical inspectors do not know how the rules evolved. They only knew the last couple of books and when I pointed them back to the more comprehensive 1987 rule book they just went blank.
After the 1987 book the powers that be decided to delete the specifics of the rules and leave them open to interpretation. That made our job very difficult.
I guess my quitting being a contractor was my one man fight to change the system.
cheers
Pete

noneyabussiness:
Pete, thats actually really sad to hear... losing good engineers because of profit for some bureaucratic BS.. What happened to this place, its turning more into a mini America everyday, where money / big business is in charge...

Warpspeed:
Yes its pretty grim.

I am sure if you do a search there will be an Australian standard for how to correctly and safely sharpen a pencil.

The standard will probably be about 150 pages and cost you several hundred dollars unfortunately.

These days I close the blinds and turn out the light before doing absolutely anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version