Author Topic: Global Warming.... or not???!  (Read 4552 times)

Offline rossw

• Senior Moderator
  • Grumpy-old-Unix-Admin

Offline MadScientist267

• Impossible Condition Curator
  • Rules? What rules?
Re: Global Warming.... or not???!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:24:21 am »
 I'm going with not.

And of course, that's a "professionally uneducated" opinion, meaning I have no formal schooling on the subject.

However, I've done enough experiments of my own and made enough personal observations when it comes to certain gasses (primarily CO2) to give it credit for having the properties of   blocking and/or trapping certain wavelengths of "light".  The effects are slightly different, but it does indeed affect the propagation of both near and far infrared.

That being said, these "scientists" that claim all the global warming caused by these so-called greenhouse gasses are in the same general category as meteorologists... The study of both weather and climate alike are heavily subject to that little concept called chaos theory, which, in a nutshell for those not read up on it, essentially states that for any given known set of circumstances, there are so many minute details involved that add up over time, that only a general idea of the pattern of the outcome can be  calculated with any accuracy. The further out the predicted time frame, the more chaos interferes.

All anyone has to do is track a storm as it moves  through the atmosphere in order to see this. Even  many uneducated people can roughly predict approximately where its going to end up, but just try nailing down the exact path. Ain't happening.

Global warming is no different. Too many variables, too many sources of the gasses "causing" it, too many different concentrations in too many different places, too this, too that.

There's money to be made on uncertainty, and as such this is one hell of a cash cow. If it weren't, "carbon credits" wouldn't exist.

YMMV.

Steve
Wanted: Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive.

Offline WooferHound

• Technowhiz
  • Global Moderator
  • Huntsville Alabama USA
    • My personal webpage
Re: Global Warming.... or not???!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:12:35 am »
I have a personal theory that the Earth can control it's own temperature.
As the Earth heats up more water evaporates which increases cloud cover and reflects more heat away.
Almost like a thermostat. I say this because here in North Alabama we have been under heavy cloud cover for the last month and the temperature has rarely gotten over 90 degrees F, when it usually get's up over 100 F at this time of year.
I guess I don't need to mention the F part as 100 C is rather high . . .
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----
My Renewable Energy Projects