Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

BatteryMINDer® Model 12248

<< < (2/3) > >>

wilfor03:

--- Quote from: Rover on February 14, 2012, 08:28:49 am ---The golf cart batteries I bought at Sam's Club 6 months ago were 230 Amp hr, 6V for 89$, (might have been 79$)

I think you made a mistake with the 75 Amp hr rating

Rover

--- End quote ---

Yea, probably just heard wrong from my Son, he was pricing them for me. I'll just need to go there and see for myself.  8)

--- Quote from: ksouers on February 14, 2012, 08:17:57 am ---Wilfor03,
I picked up a couple golf cart batteries from Batteries Plus for $100 each. They are 215 ah, cheaper per ah than those batts from Sam's club.

Kevin

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up, guys, I really appreciate the info. I'll keep ya posted on what's going on, when I "get er done".

Bill

ghurd:
I was at Sam's a week ago, and they did have some little 6V SLA looking battery that was called a 'golf cart' battery.
I didn't look close at it, but the size looked like it could be 75AH.  It was on the rack by the 8Ds.
The ~220AH are usually on a skid instead of a rack, but not always.

At this time of year, might be really good to check the date stickers.
If they are from March 2011, might be a great idea to try wait another month or 2, then grab them from the new batch.
G-

kensue49:
wilfor03,
 I bought 2 Interstate 6 v 225 amp hour GC batteries last year at Andy's RV in Priceville for $80.00 each, he is north of you off I 65.
I bought a 55 amp hour AGM 12 v from Craig battery in Decatur for $ 60.00 3 three years ago.
All are doing well.
I Work in Decatur but I am not associated with any of the stores I mentioned.
Check around at different places and you will be surprised what you find.
Kenneth

wilfor03:
Thanks everybody, for the info. I'll have to brush the dust off me arse here in a week or two and start looking around.

But, thanks to you all......

Bill   ;D

ghurd:
Back to BatteryMinder...

I have some of there other units, and they work well.

The waterproof 'Jr'(?) model has a switching regulator, which impressed me for something of that size and ampacity.
Of the dozens or Jrs I have used, a couple are calibrated too high voltage.  Before putting TOO much faith in it, I'd put it on a small battery to check the functioning voltage to the operators manual.

I hope they fixed their logo quality.
On mine, they look like photocopies of a 3rd graders magic marker design.  LOL
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version