Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

24v battery bank charger q's

<< < (6/6)

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: halfcrazy on February 07, 2012, 05:41:33 am ---On a side note you will see in the Mate there is a "Generator Support" function and it is set to "Yes" interestingly it can not be set to "No" and if you get some one at OB that knows the Mate they will laugh and say yeah that doesn't matter it does not have gen support that was put in there in anticipation of that function years ago.

--- End quote ---

LOL!  OK, that makes sense, and I'll bet that's what I saw in there at one point when I was fiddling with the Mate on a system that I helped install a few months back.  That system had a grossly over-sized generator that can run anything so I just assumed it was "working".    :)

I know I had to have the manual in front of me and study the "road map" for the Mate menus to figure out how to get there.

After reading this I can see where in VF's case, if he was charging with the Honda 1000 and the 'fridge starts up it could indeed overload the gen and get a big momentary sag in the power then.  If the internal transfer relay in the inverter has to flip to drop the gen and save it from stall, going back to invert to recover from the load situation, I wondered if the Outback inverter will then bring the gen back online and use it to run the new load?  And if it does do that, then does it limit how much power can go to the charger to keep the gen under the setting you have for max input amps?
--
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version