The Corner Tavern. > Weather

Weather at Norms

<< < (2/5) > >>

Norm:
So far so good .....hardly any snow yet ....had enough to cover the windshield
this morning ....had to run the windshield wipers for 3 swipes  ;D supposed to get some by Christmas.

got a flat front tire when we left the hospital after therapy 30F and 15mph
gust.....and I wasn't sure the doughnut spare was worth getting out from that tucked away place under the car as it might have been flat after 5 years .
 Oh well Daughter came from her lunch hour and took us home ....youngest
son came out afterwards an fixed the tire .
Oh gee fun fun ....Not !  ::)
Norm

bj:
We got down to -31.2C on the 29th, and a dump of almost 2 feet.  As I type this, it is +3.2C
and most of the snow is gone.
I  have stopped looking at weather predictions that are for more than the next 12 hours.
No offense meant to the people who do that task, I think the task is just getting more
difficult.
So far, it has not been boring anyway.
Glad your young 'uns were there to help you our Norm.

oztules:
How on earth do you folks live in those temps.... totally baffled how society actually works in those conditions.

off topic,... did you ever build your solar panels? all mine are still working perfectly, and thee is no deterioration thus far... just wondering, as I think you had a fair bit of soldering to do last I recall.... do they survive those temps fine?

....oztules

Wolvenar:
Oz commercial panels here, don't seem to have any difficulties in the cold.
In fact many times because of the cold I'll see well over what I do in the summer, just not in view long enough to get the desired kwh.

I cant imagine how it can get as hot as it does down RossW's way and they not shatter at a hint of rain.

rossw:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on December 11, 2014, 06:11:33 pm ---I cant imagine how it can get as hot as it does down RossW's way and they not shatter at a hint of rain.

--- End quote ---

Hot? I haven't gone out to measure (I should!) but I would be very surprised if they get over about 70-75 degrees C (about 160-170F)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version