Project Journals > Steve

My Scratch Pad

<< < (2/145) > >>

bj:
  A picture a few posts back looked like a board/components were floating weightless.
  So maybe an ION drive isn't so far fetched.    :)

MadScientist267:
You caught me...

Nobody was supposed to find out about the engines, but I guess the glow gave it away... Guess there's no need to explain what all the extra solar will be for now  ;D

It's just a modified torch... The end of the heating season is here and somewhere along the lines a few tanks ago, the jets on not one but both torches began clogging up, in addition to the "stars" getting all screwy. I'm suspecting a bad batch of propane in some form or another...

They were getting difficult to light and weren't putting out much anymore, so I got a little aggressive with one of them... Cleaned out the jet and removed the star, then "tweaked the carb", a hint of which is visible down below the flame. It now lights easily and puts off some decent heat, but the combination of the flame front being well down in the yoke and the method I used to choke it causes a lot higher temps toward the valve.

Before anybody freaks out, no, I don't run it unattended, nor for lengthy periods. Instead, I dug out the catalytic and set this off to the side to give a quick boost when conditions warrant it. Not really any kind of final design, but did think the pic looked cool, so I posted it ;)

Steve

MadScientist267:
For those wondering, "I left the ion drive because it's funny" is the final stance ;D

Steve

And no links, sorry haha they're everywhere. You'll find me ;)

(Everyone else, it was cleared to make more)

MadScientist267:
Let's go old school for a moment, shall we?

Cyan, white here, core temp
Blue, cyan here, fridge temp,
Red, compressor temp

Cyan (white, remember?) Compressor on
Red, compressor cooling, and now core stir
Purple, if on ever, blower enabled

You can probably guess the rest... ;)

The astute can see the problem... ;D

Steve

MadScientist267:

Navigation

[0] Message Index