The Corner Tavern. > Weather

rain rain and more rain

<< < (2/3) > >>

bj:
  They are predicting possibility of  (S-word) this coming week here.  Your pic, (nice one) reminded me that
we didn't get to the mountains this summer.  Have to make up for it next summer.

WooferHound:
In the month of February 2019 we got 13 inches of rain, in the last 4 days of the month we got 7 of those rainy inches.
Well 13 inches of rain is half our yearly average here in North Alabama. Two weeks ago a large drainage pipe floated out of the ground in a ditch behind my backyard.
With rain comes the clouds. In the last coupla months we get about 1 sunny day every week. The batteries on my small solar power system are never charged properly.
Now it's May 3rd and not a dry day yet. Yesterday I rode my bicycle 2.3 miles to work in the pouring rain.
This morning there was enough Sun to charge my battery up fully but now it's heavy overcast.
I miss the Sun, what can I do to please the Sun Gods ?

hiker1:
This came to mind,,,😜.   //www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRbF80NKDU

rossw:

--- Quote from: WooferHound on March 04, 2019, 12:43:38 pm ---In the month of February 2019 we got 13 inches of rain, in the last 4 days of the month we got 7 of those rainy inches.

--- End quote ---

In the last 3 months I think we've had almost an inch.
There is no grass, no weeds. Our paddocks are bare dirt. Everything the animals eat we have to bring in. And because it's scarce it's very expensive.

--- Quote ---I miss the Sun, what can I do to please the Sun Gods ?

--- End quote ---

Do you a bit of a swap. You can have some of our extra heat (perhaps 10 degrees C would do you?) and we can have some of your skywater...

DBCollen:
I'll take some of that extra heat Ross, its been -25c overnight for the last few weeks. Lost one barn already, crushed by unusually heavy snowfall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version