My Deer Hunting Vehicles through the Years

<< < (3/3)

MadScientist267:
Glad I could be of assistance...  8)

Steve

ghurd:
Quick update-
Man, I love this car.
MPG really drops when it is cold weather, and when the motor is not warm.
If I am not worried about making people irate, and when the motor is warm, it can be more impressive.

Cheap phone pic, 68.9 MPG so far on this tank of gas.  It won't stay that high, but still, WOW!
G-

bj:
  I've never owned anything that could even think of that mileage.  And yes, I'm a bit jealous.

ghurd:
Sorry bj.  I should have saved you 'metric' guys some time.
In Canukian that is 29.3 km/L.

In UK-ian, that is 18.2 M/L?
I don't get why UK is metric, uses miles on roads, and liters on gas?
Maybe I misunderstand what I have been told.

When it was wicked cold (for here) the MPG went down to about 40 MPG a few times, because very often I don't drive laong/far enough to get the motor and passenger compartment up to the temperatures required by the computer.

And I think (pretty sure) the battery has some type of temp regulation, which is related to what it take in vs what it puts out.

It seems to be FAR more efficient when the battery is warm.  It takes a while to get the windshield de-iced, interior temp warm, and the battery warm, when they both start at -17F (0F) or 0C (32F).
In the winter, the gas motor runs to make heat even at a red light, or going down a steep hill, or slowing down for a stop sign.
In the summer, it does not.

I can actually SEE and WATCH Peukert's Law happen.  That is so cool!
I can coast down a long hill at infineite MPG with the regen braking charging the battery efficiently, and maybe just touch the breaks enough to regen a bit faster.
Or I can go way too fast down the hill, slam my brakes, and get to the red light, and sit for 20 seconds longer.
Or I can lightly ride my brakes (battery charger) down the hill, make it to the red light while the light turns green and the traffic is already moving, so I do not need to make the car's speed increase much more, and an increase in speed is an increase in power
(That falls into the "not worried about making people irate" catagory.  It is not MY fault that THEY don't know the light around the bend will be red with stopped cars when WE both get there, no matter how fast WE get there!  {Occupational hazzard for me at this time} though it still PO's them because people want to wear out their brakes, use more gas, and sit at a red light longer?).

Anyway.  I love this car...  Everything from the leather, to touch screen "everything", to steering wheel stereo controls, to 3 glove compartments, to the fold-down back seats, to the 12V power plug locations, to the cup holders, to rear view camera, to everything else.
I just love this car... so far.
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version