The Corner Tavern. > The Bulletin Board

Updates on why the site was down so long today

(1/3) > >>

Wolvenar:
Sorry guys this is happening.
One way or another this has to stop though.

Today the ISP we had this hosted at decided they no longer want customers it seems.
Unable to access the site remotely to fix anything or easily move it,
I had to wait until life obligations allowed me to physically move this system.
It is now temporarily hosted out of my house again...

Their is an upside to this,,
For now this site is now powered by SOLAR  ;D

At least for the short time it will be here, until I move it to a more capable connection.

Wolvenar:
Seems I had to update the clock after the move.. so a couple posts are incorrectly dated, fixed now.

bj:
  I'm sorry you've had to put up with all this Wolv.   Probably doesn't help, but thanks
for fighting the fight.

ksouers:
Wolv,
Thanks for all the work and taking on the headaches.
I've gone through similar trials with a web site where I'm the sys admin.
It seems all the hosting services act more like they are the customer, it's an all too common attitude.

Kevin

rossw:

--- Quote from: ksouers on April 18, 2012, 05:06:21 am ---It seems all the hosting services act more like they are the customer, it's an all too common attitude.

--- End quote ---

Just like to say, it's not "all"... I created one of Australia's first ISPs back in early 1995. It's still running. Wolv and others here know my service record... and the people that are letting the side down at the moment are either remarkably unlucky, or just plain incompetent. From phone and IRC conversations with wolv, more of the latter than the former unfortunately!

We would have moved the site to one of my servers this morning, except that I was stepping on to an aircraft in a little over an hour, and neither of us wanted to make a bad situation worse.

If this still isn't sorted when I get back in 36 hours, we will probably do just that.

(Oh, and to be clear - the incompetence referred to is not wolv!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version