Project Journals > Bryan

Wheat Beer from scratch

<< < (2/2)

Cornelius:
I have to admit that i've never malted the grain myself; mostly because of lack of equipment and a place to keep it. ;)
That said, those Coopers kits are my favourites; the Real Ale, Dark Ale and Stout. (And they're already hopped... ;) ) I use 3 of those '23 litres' plastic tubs ( with litres and gallons scale on the outside -27L/5G), and i have two 30 litres glass 'ballons' for secondary fermention/storage. But those are mainly used for maturing wine...)

For storage/serving, i have three 19 litres 'Cornelius' kegs that i store in a fridge, with tap mounted on the fridge door, and a small co2 bottle beside it. :)

And Yes; storing the beer for maturing ARE a problem... ;D

Bryan1:
G'day Guy's,
                        Well got a bit more done on the flaking/grain mill this weekend and hopefully after tomorrows nights work I'll take some pic's. Anyway I ditched the idea of using ali rollers and used 1" brass where I put a straight knurl on and it is nice and coarse. After spending a heap of time doing the gearing after a beer or 3 I decided to get creative and get the main frame cut out and milled up. Going thru my gear I found a small 20:1 worm drive gearbox and I'll hook a 50 volt nom. DC motor to it and make a speed controller circuit as a hand crank idea went out the window soon after I started the design and I do have a seperate 24 volt battery bank hooked up to the house.

Cheers Bryan

bj:
Coming right along Bryan.  Don't blame you for ditching the hand crank method.   Waaaay too much like
work.

tomw:

--- Quote from: bj on March 25, 2012, 07:25:51 am ---Coming right along Bryan.  Don't blame you for ditching the hand crank method.   Waaaay too much like
work.

--- End quote ---

I agree, this is the use that electricity truly excels  at, turning things.

Tom

Cornelius:
I DO feel that this is a significant step to elevate the expression, 'Free Beer!'...

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version