Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Solar (heating or electric)

Broken panels - I guess these are trash

(1/5) > >>

Watt:
Got some of the panels in today.  The bottom two were broken.  I assume due to the length of the fork and possibly the type of pallet used.  Anyway, I guess I can stick it under some glass and see what happens.  Anyone have any experience with reclaiming a broken panel?

I didn't have much hope for a perfect shipment after seeing this.

niall:
hi Watt....

i got a broken panel from a friend to try a while back....

alas,  no real output from it ....the voltage was good but no amps (a few milli amps ) ...

hope you have more luck .. :)....shame about the shipping ....

Watt:

--- Quote from: niall on March 08, 2012, 09:06:57 pm ---hi Watt....

i got a broken panel from a friend to try a while back....

alas,  no real output from it ....the voltage was good but no amps (a few milli amps ) ...

hope you have more luck .. :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, I figured that would be the case.  I asked my son what we would do with them, he said " Heck dad, lets tear them apart and see how they work. "   Gotta love that kids thinking.  ha ha

niall:
any chance of insurance coffing up ...go after the courier ?

if you paid by credit card you have a very good case for refund....

Watt:

--- Quote from: niall on March 08, 2012, 09:14:33 pm ---any chance of insurance coffing up ...go after the courier ?

if you paid by credit card you have a good case for refund....

--- End quote ---

I photoed the pallet, the bottom broken panel and received a claim number of sorts from the carrier delivery man.  He called his boss after we unloaded in the back of my truck to let him know we had damage.  They said to check the other panels and call them back with that number he gave me.  We will see, I don't have a lot of faith though.  I bet it will cost me in the long run no matter fault. 

Thanks for the suggestion of the cc company.  I paid by way of bank transfer.  It was a cash price sale on these.

:'(  I had forgot about visa and their member protection.....  Live an learn I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version