Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

BatteryMINDer® Model 12248

(1/3) > >>

wilfor03:
Anybody use/own a BatteryMINDer® Model 12248 battery charger-desulfinator? Just recently bought one and it seems to work pretty good
on two of my three Interstate 8-D's. Got one that's giving me a fit so far. Resting voltage is 11.2v after sitting for 24 hours. After charging for
30-40 minutes, it kicks the charger off. Done this for several days now.

Just curious how this batteryminder works for anyone else?

Bill   :-\

A of J:
One suspects your problem is the rouge battery, a resting voltage of 11.2 after 24H tells me the battery has passed it's use by date.

Perhaps tell us how old, what it has been used for, how it was maintained.

A of J

wilfor03:

--- Quote from: A of J on February 13, 2012, 01:51:39 pm ---One suspects your problem is the rouge battery, a resting voltage of 11.2 after 24H tells me the battery has passed it's use by date.

Perhaps tell us how old, what it has been used for, how it was maintained.

A of J

--- End quote ---

Don't really know the age of the battery....bought all of em together (used) from a dealer about 2 years ago. These are my back up batteries
for when the grid drops out. Keeps me running for about 6 hours with no gas generator running. I was probably lax on battery maintenance,
checking water monthly, SG every six months. They have worked very well in the past, so I really should be thankful for that.

I've just been putting off buying more batteries. Think I'm gonna get some 6v deep cycle golf carts, 75 amp hour, 125 minutes from Sams Club.
They're just $79. each, so I figure about 6 in series/parallel will fill my needs.

Thanks for the reply......

Bill

ksouers:
Wilfor03,
I picked up a couple golf cart batteries from Batteries Plus for $100 each. They are 215 ah, cheaper per ah than those batts from Sam's club.

They have a store in Decatur, a couple in Huntsville and several in B'ham.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/store_locator/state/AL.aspx

Kevin

Rover:
The golf cart batteries I bought at Sam's Club 6 months ago were 230 Amp hr, 6V for 89$, (might have been 79$)

I think you made a mistake with the 75 Amp hr rating

Rover

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version