Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

24v battery bank charger q's

<< < (2/6) > >>

oztules:
No problems with the PM.

If you look at the pictures in the first link, you will see the trim pot on the left hand side where the V adjust is labled.

It is a simple task... see which way the pot turns for max voltage. If it pulls the rail to ground for higher voltage, then the pot shorts for max voltage... but it will be in series with another resistor to stop you driving it really to ground, and pushing the V out through the roof .

So we find that series resistor, and change it by 10% lower..... then when we use the trim pot, it will end up 10% closer to ground when fully turned up.

If you think about it, as you  pull the voltage sense closer to ground, it will have to have a higher output voltage in order to develop the same control voltage the PWM chip is looking for... so it increases the pulse width until it gets what it wants.

I have the smaller 24v meanwell unit, and use it for a variable voltage / current controlled source... so I can control the current from 0-15A, and the voltage from 18 to 48v.... they suffer a fair amount of thuggery and still survive. (I don't get 15A at 48v though with this setup... too many watts ). (uses a tl494 in this model)

They also have a 27v unit that will require no messing about with, but will be dearer as they are usually not competitive in stock units.

.........oztules

birdhouse:
thanks again oz!

ended up getting a 15A 24v unit.  $34 to my door. 

i'll let you know when i get it!

adam

Volvo farmer:
You mind giving a link or something? I also have an old Honda EX1000 (pre-inverter model) and was recently looking for a cheap 24V charger to help with bulk.

birdhouse:
VF-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24V-15A-360W-Switch-Power-Supply-Driver-LED-Strip-light-Display-200V-240V-/390347714048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5

adam

edit:  it says 200  240v, but if you read in the listing, there's a manual switch on the side of the case to have it run at 110  120v. 

ChrisOlson:
Why wouldn't an inverter charger work?  Just hook the gen output up to the inverter's AC input.
--
Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version