Project Journals > Bryan

The Duinomite Project

<< < (2/2)

oztules:
Yes Woof, if I can find some more time, I may have a play too.

There are no resellers on Flinders Island  :D... but there is one here that Brian may be referring to on the mainland.

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olimex-duinomite-mega.html

Odd country this, it would be cheaper for me to get anything from America or China or even England than from the mainland most of the time. That 100 miles of ocean seems to cause havoc ..... or more likely Australia Post are just thieves compared to USPS and China post etc.

............oztules

Bryan1:
G'day Guy's,
                   Ok time for another installment  8)

Here is a link to the user manual and I'm sure it will be a good read for some.

http://www.olimex.com/dev/DUINO/DUINOMITE/DuinoMite-UM-1-03.pdf

Now Olimex the makers of these boards has been busy(having fun) writing new projects

http://olimex.wordpress.com/

The main support forum for the Duinomite is hosted by Mr. Ken Seglar who is also the software guru porting the code over to suit the Duinomite.

http://www.kenseglerdesigns.com/cms/forums/index.php

Ok Last of the Links  ;)

Don from Dontronic's has made a blog and it does show a heap of good info so it worth checking out, also when new firmware, the help file etc, updates are done Don hosts a neat style page where everything is available.

http://www.duinomite.com/

Well now I got that Help File done and future updates for it won't be a huge task my next major project is having a go at doing a Basic program for an electronics calc. To start with I'll do the OHM's Law and other simple stuff like voltage dividers and as I get better on the code side do opamps etc so I do hope in the end it will be one handy online tool people can use so to workout hardware values won't need a full blown computer.

Regards Bryan.........still fishing  8)

Bryan1:
Hi Guy's,
             I emailed Don about sending over to the US and he did say for 5,10,50 units there are discounts which are shown on his site. Now he did say if multiple say 5 or 10 are ordered then the cost of shipping is still $12 as they will be going on the one package. So it may be an idea as the shipping cost is so low for one guy to pay for and recieve the package then post them out to the other guys. Then each user will only have to pay for the distance over there and not ripoff charges Mouser want etc.

Oz,
           Mate what price did Don quote on shipment to that colony ( oops home) as if it's only $12 to international it shouldn't be more within Oz, but if it is let us know. I'm thinking if Ozripoffpost are going to slug you for flights over to the colony maybe ask one of the guys who do the run to receive it. Then it won't get lost like that last shipment of finger biters I sent you. By the way it will be interesting to see that said quote.......

Now back on track Ok guys if you do want to take up with the DM(slang for Duinomite) when a new firmware hex file is available I will post it here.

By the way going for a new job and should be starting late next week, now with my big interest in electronics this job will entail looking after a mass pcb house and fixing robot arms that are pic and place machines. Talk about a kid in a candy shop..... But eh it pays more and that is what matters....

Cheers Bryan

Bryan1:
G'day Guy's,
                        well I went ahead and redid this old P4 1.6 gig puter into a dual boot so I could try the Duinomite under linux, I am running Ubuntu 10.04LTS and had a bit of fun getting connected to it but with some good help from Wolv I finally got there. I did find as soon as the Duinomite is connected the SDCard is shown up as an external device and all the files on the SDCard can be edited in Gedit etc.

Now to find where the Duinomite is I typed  dmesg | grep tty
bryan@bryan-desktop:~$ dmesg | grep tty
[    0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
[    0.220458] serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
[    0.220623] serial8250: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
[    0.221281] 00:08: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
[    0.221528] 00:09: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
[11547.321913] cdc_acm 2-1:1.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

As shown on the last line is the location of the Duinomite at ttyACM0, now I used 'putty' to try it out and set the speed to 115200, serial and /dev/ttyACM0 as the connection.

Here is a screenshot showing that Help File I made as my first major project.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Now if one wants to do this inside the terminal screen should already be installed so by typing in screen /dev/ttyACM0 will bringup the Duinomite in the terminal window.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Now once i can learn a bit more about linux and the terminal it should be possible for the Duinomite to invoke commands within the terminal so other events can be logged or other programs started etc.

Regards Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version