The Corner Tavern. > Forums FAQ

IRC

<< < (2/2)

bj:
  Pretty slick Wolv.  Just took a quick peek.

tomw:
One click IRC was a bad idea before and I think it is still a bad idea.

Why will be obvious after awhile.

Its your show.

I have other IRC issues I won't discuss in public.

Tom

Wolvenar:
Hopefully with the extra work and some security features that were added to the way this is setup, it can overcome the problems that were had in the past.

A little run down of the differences.

Users are automatically logged in with their forum name, and guests are not allowed on the web client.
Just like any other irc client, a user can be kicked and/or banned, by user name, IP, and/or IP range.
This will block access to the web client completely for those banned, all done from within the irc chat room with simple commands...
Ability to see a users real IP not just the web servers.
Any abuse we will know whom it is, and as such also their user name on the forum.
There is more but I would rather not bore everyone with the details.
Some thought was put into this to try maintain the sanity in the IRC yet allow those who
otherwise would have trouble with software.

Any of these are only of course if a user gets out of control, or the need arises.
This is not a wide open easy proxy as it may have been before.

A of J:
I used mIRC for a while, admittedly well beyond the trial period, then one day while loading it all my files were trashed, I have never seen a computer act so fast.

My conclusion was that the software owner hacked into my computer and trashed my files, I back up my pics but many other files are gone.

IMHO avoid this program.

A of J

Bryan1:
+1 to what Allan said, I used to use mirc and when I installed on the 64 bit puter I had no end of problems. Got onto the mirc forum and asked why it was so buggy and all my posts got deleted. I found ICEchat and used that for ages but no I've totally ditched win$ucks I use xchat on linux.

Cheers Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version