Project Journals > Steve

From wisecrack to reality...

(1/4) > >>

MadScientist267:
Long story short, somewhere early on in the truck build, I made a simple but apparently life-course changing comment about "if nothing else, I'm building my resume"...

Well, in July this year I stumbled across a job fair for an upcoming solar farm installation to be built... Some time went by and I didn't hear anything back from them and more or less just kinda discarded the idea as "well it was fun to think about"...

A few weeks ago I get a call about coming up to join the team, and after some "fumbling" with some technicalities that put an additional delay on the process...

I'm now one of them... ;D

So when someone tells you "I wouldn't mention the truck" in a chat room...

Yes, MENTION THE FRIGGIN TRUCK lol

Company and OSHA training behind me, I head into the fields of silicon tomorrow morning to help tie in the PV on a [relatively] small 26MWDC/20MWAC solar project here in northern Virginia, and as the safety guy doing the training put it...

"This is your launchpad for the 650 coming up next spring..."

:o :o :o :o :o

I'm so there ;)

Steve

DBCollen:
Congratulations Steve!!!!!!

oztules:
Congrats are in order Steve.
With your truck training, we know you will squeeze the last electron  out of them panels.

Best of luck with it.

.......oztules

bj:
   Congratulations Steve.  Another chapter has started.

Pete:
Hope it is a fun job Steve.
Will you be living in the truck when onsite?
Could add a few banks of ultra capacitors under it and charge them off the panels on the job.
Good luck
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version