The Corner Tavern. > Weather

Paying the piper

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pete:
Hi DJ, good luck finding a place that is the same temperature all year day and night. Living in Tasmania I would find 24 or 25 degrees too hot and definitely would hate it if the nights were that hot.
After a year or so here your blood thickens up to the consistency of molasses. Then anything over 20 is pretty warm, 25 is bloody hot. Nights well we don't like them above 12 degrees C.
I am sure that your blood would adjust to 25 all year round and you would need a jumper at 24 degrees
Cheerio
Pete

bj:
   Our proximity to the Rocky Mountains brings interesting weather changes.  This morning
it's only -9 C, with predicted above freezing temperatures mid-week.  Never gets boring.
   Back to outside projects.

DJ:

Daughter had her 21st on the weekend. Being on acreage we had a tent city in the back yard.
The day was warm, about 35 but the evening cooled off nicely and by about 2am there was a chill in the air. The kids bunked down with blankets nice and cosy in their swags and tents. 

Some pain in the arse Riff raff hung around that would not go to bed or bugger off ( my family) so I stayed up to make sure things didn't get out of hand with the noise and didn't bother going to bed myself.  After getting fed up and threatening my nephew and nieces husband if they didn't shut the hell up, I was going to beat the ship out of both of them because I had enough of their racket and didn't want the neighbours any more pissed off, they finally got the message.
Too early for me to go to bed then so I was sitting on the back veranda watching the sun come up with a lovely coffee and the kids started emerging.

Once the sun hit their swags and tents, it quickly melted them out.
Was very funny. They would open the swag or the tent to let in some cool air and be blinded by the sun and the looks and expressions were hilarious.
Cooked breakfast for about 30 of them and they sat around for a bit then started packing up. By this time they were getting a good dose of country sun and heat and it was showing.

Was a lovely night though, temp was just right which made things that much more enjoyable.
Last 2 days have been back in the 40's  so for once we timed it just right.

MadScientist267:
Anybody ever finds a place that's truly temperate year round, I'd be highly interested  ;D

bj:
  Me too Steve.  Hawaii is close though.
  But then, we got a 2 foot dump of snow yesterday, so a lot of places look good right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version