Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Renewable Energy Q&A

Flinders Island goes R.E.!

<< < (2/2)

Pete:
I guess the boffins did not consider something like pumped hydro, or using wind power to send a large weight up a mountain and using that stored energy when the wind stops to run a generator. Or maybe wave power,
It seems that if you have a bottomless treasury pit with a bunch of lunatics in government that you can do anything.
Pity that the government a few years ago, did not think to run the Basslink cable via Flinders, they could have sent power from the big island or Tassie via Flinders island and had a convenient place to check the cable when it broke down. Nothing like planning is there.
It seems it is better to miss the island with the cable, wait until it develops a fault then cut it in the middle to find where it is damaged.
Yep definitely a plan.
Oz really you could have offered up half the power you produce to run the island. You missed your chance to make a fortune.
Cheerio
Pete

DJ:

--- Quote from: Pete on November 12, 2017, 04:35:24 am ---Oz really you could have offered up half the power you produce to run the island. You missed your chance to make a fortune.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it.
If he could supply the entire island even on greenwashed renewable power saving them having to spend more than the line to hook it up, he'd be lucky to get .6C kwh from the Gubbermint and then they would want HIM to pay them a supply charge which would probably equate to .8C Kwh!
If they can't do that, next best thing is to spend as much as possible on the absolute worst solution available. 

Gubbermints Charging for whatever they can then pissing the money up the wall is what they do best the world over.
Coming up with viable and economic solution's to problems is something they are all ideologically opposed to and secretly sworn against.

noneyabussiness:

Please view this ad:

230 KVA generator,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lissner/miscellaneous-goods/230-kva-generator/1166916625?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $12,000

Just solved all there dramas... who do i send the bill too?? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version