Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Wind and Hydro

mini vawt axial flux

<< < (2/3) > >>

bj:
  That will make power for sure.
  Had a couple of close calls with Neo's myself, taught me some respect.

niall:
we have to make a model first ( a scale ish one ) of some kind , so i went ahead with Ed Lenzs coffey can .....all paper and foam
it uses the twin bearing mount of a hard drive acuator arm to spin on ...its pretty free spinning for a model

this is the small neo layout   ....if it ever gets built in anger it will use the bigger wedge ones ...

now that its a "thing"  i took it out and left it on the fence , fairly windy .....it will spin up, ( with a little push )  i,d like to get it on a pole and see how fast it will go 

i got to see the little 3d printer running this week .....i,m not really into that kind of thing .......but it was pretty impressive , i thought it would be more like a soft plastic spongy object ,  but it can be more like Lego strength ....little things

niall:
ish....the Lenz coffee can in 3d in the class ....and a wide mix of nice people for sure... 

the program is fusion 360 , which is free ...and whats not to like about that ...its kind of a bit like paint

I bought the magnets of Ed  initially which may well wind up being in it in the end...( or not ).....the 3d printer it seems has gone awol though...maybe it just got tired or something ......i guess plastic must have got more expensive ...

now its paperwork....still fun

niall:
this is the kind of  rendered final exploded drawing ....only one week left so i,m trying to get just the actual vanes printed now ....3D printing seems slow and theres lots of constraints ..... ( they cant print any floating edges.....) ....everything has to have a platform base or a temp bridge support added .........so it can build upwards 

it wont get fully built    :(.......at least not in the short time ....

as we say here its good crack though ....fun  :)

bj:
  Looks  great Niall.  Learning is a great thing.
  Only wished I'd figured that out in High School.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version