Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

Just bought a powerjack 15000, modding.

<< < (4/21) > >>

welshman:

--- Quote from: Pete on November 15, 2016, 02:55:50 pm ---Hi Welshman, the easiest way to tie the Earth to the Neutral is at your switchboard on the house. There is usually a neutral bar and an earth bar, a short wire is run between the two. RCD's or RCBO's are usually mounted on the switchboard for ease of use.
If you want to do it at the inverter, just leave all the inverter internal connections as they are, and connect the neutral to the earth at the output terminal block. Just a short loop of wire will do.
I always connect the case of the inverter to earth as well. A wire directly from the case to the earth terminal on the switchboard or to the earth rod.
cheerio
Pete

--- End quote ---

thanks for the reply pete.

I have tested the continuity of the earth on the control board to any other point , ac/dc and there is no continuity. removing the control board from the heat sinks I had a look at the traces on the pcb's and found the earth only joins to anything via these capacitors.

if I join the neutral and earth it is essentially shorting both the caps. is that going to be a problem?

welshman:
some images of the resister values

welshman:
it's new housing and fans have arrived. 600x600x300 ip65 enclosure and a set of 240v fans on a rack. next job cut out the enclosure.

welshman:
one thing i have noticed, although the build quality is ok to good. there is metal filings loose everywhere in the casing, there is also a lot of left over flux all over the boards and you can see which modifications are made by someone else as they are not using enough heat to solder and its causing the solder to ball instead of sink into the metal. based on this anyone buying one of these should thoroughly wash the boards and inside of the metal casing as some of those bits of metal were up to 3-4mm long and freely floating about in the case could one day or day 1 cause a short or worse.

it looks like they add a capacitor and a resistor to the fet boards and a couple of resistors to the control board, you can clearly see the difference in soldering.

welshman:
first test fit for marking out holes etc, plenty of airflow is the plan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version