Project Journals > Users Projects

y Philippines Retirement Solar Off Grid System

<< < (22/23) > >>

rossw:

--- Quote from: lighthunter on January 01, 2022, 08:32:50 am ---Yeah Ross but your life is probably boring, the rest of us have drama and disaster sacrifices for entertainment! HA!

--- End quote ---

I have so much to do that "boring" is good. You remember those days during school holidays when you'd say "I'm bored, what can I dooooo?"
I haven't uttered that for over 40 years!

--- Quote ---We live in a different world today

--- End quote ---

Indeed we do, and not all for the better sadly.

--- Quote ---Maybe the turning point was when i was in high school chemistry
nobody got hurt but some valuable lessons.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. More excitement than I want for now although I will admit to having experienced more than enough of those "exciting" moments over the years. Mostly nobody too badly hurt (most of the time me!). As you say, lessons to learn everywhere, if you look :)

solarnewbee:
Firstly I didn’t know what I was doing 5 years ago when I found this forum and Oz, who everyone looks up as “THE guy”, starts a thread about guess who bought a powerjack. I had just bought a powerjack after someone had mentioned LF pure sine wave was the way to go felt relieved someone who appeared intelligent blessed the inverter. That inverter running on an ATS switch (double disconnect motorized lockout type) worked for 3 years straight with little trouble barring cleaning dust out for airflow.

I finally retire and find I have a modem that’s important to my son-in-law’s call center and try a SSR ATS not know that would totally screw up the new 15kw 48v upgrade PJ. That PJ worked flawlessly for about a year til I screwed it up not because it is a “cheap” solution. Some of us are on low budgets. Especially when we sink an ass of money into lfp’s and solar panels.

That cheap Sunyima inverter worked a champ on the 15kw coil until it got tied to the grid. Again my mistake not a cheap inverter. Whenever an inverter blow up on my setup the house just switches to grid not affecting any sensitive gear. Surge protected takes a permanent hit tho.

I’m back to the old style ATS and my “cheap” PJ inverter but all is well. If I had spent 1000’s on an inverter I would have blown that up too. There are solid state ATS out there but industrial Scale and mostly 3 phase. I should have done a YouTube video. It would have been a first and maybe someone out there make one work correctly.

Yess Ross you ruffled my feathers but so what this forum 95% dead anyway. I’m thankful at least to those who pay attention to me and genuinely try to help like Pete nonya LH doc sometimes others.

Happy new year to all make this greater than last.

rossw:

--- Quote from: solarnewbee on January 12, 2022, 04:09:23 am ---Yess Ross you ruffled my feathers

--- End quote ---

I'm sorry, that was never my intention. I'm not even sure what I said to have had that effect.
Anyhow, onwards and upwards. Collect those photons, pump those electrons, be happy.

Pete:
Hi Solar, I had a thought, rather than run one giant inverter, it may be better to split the loads and run a couple or more smaller inverters.
It seems that once we have just one big inverter and it blows up then things get complicated.
If you were to say use one inverter for lighting, and two for power, ( split the power outlets in the house over two or more circuits) then redundancy allows for quick swaps when needed.
I am having a good run so far with the 8010 based aliexpress boards. I have three now. One with a rewound powerjack transformer form an 8kw powerjack and two with transformers from an 8kw powerjack that had two transformers.
So far they are working well, nice clean sinewaves and no failures.
Setting them up requires a variable power supply to set low voltage cutouts , high voltage cutouts and overload but that is not too hard.
Then just following Ozs stuff on getting rid of the chip off the 8010 board. After that all seems good.
I hope that your retirement goes well and that the system you have set up runs for many trouble free years.
Oh , I don't have grid power so there are no problems with changeover here.
Glad you got yours sorted
Pete

solarnewbee:
Howdy Pete,

I finally got around to repairing my AliExpress special, inverter. Changed the egs board and all the resistors and diodes. Also replaced the small caps and tip41/42 transistors that blew. I tried powering up with a variable power supply but no joy. It goes into cc mode and pulls the voltage down to 2 volts from 48. There is a mosfet  on the end near the egs marked 12v on the board irf640n. Another maybe diode mur860g on the board u860g on the device.

Does the transformer have to be attached for it to fire up? I remember you saying there was a way to do it with a resistor or something but I can’t find it. Pics below. 4 views since none of these boards are ever completely the same.

Cheerio!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version