Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Automation, Controls, Inverters, MPPT, etc

Powerjack 8000W LF Inverter Question

<< < (9/9)

solarnewbee:
Hi Pete!

Yep, all breakers are DC rated and still had one burn where the front roof set comes into that breaker. Probably I didn’t double check tightness. I really should take my inch pound torque wrench with me. I have a book around here give all the required in/lbs every electrical fitting instance. I prefer breaker with a square or hex socket screw but the breaker I prefer don’t have them.

I just recently found out my charge controllers were not set to the correct absorption stop level. It hasn’t been charging them full. Suddenly the charging amps jumped from 32 to 45. I’ll be happier when my Midnite Solar controllers get there and I can monitor and program from stateside. Did you upgrade to 24v yet? I shipped a 48v 15kw PowerJack and have to find a local buyer to take this 100lb 24v PowerJack  beast off my hands.

Best Regards.

Pete:
Hi Solar, well on the issue of tightening connections, with large multi strand cables I tighten them initially, then wriggle the cable about a bit then re tighten them. I usually check them again after a while too. Then do tend to loosen.
Some come with a metal ferule that goes around the cable and they seem to help to stop the strands from separating but still tightening a few times helps.
I did manage to go over to 24 volt, I bought a 24 to 240 volt 50hz Upower inverter. It must be a powerjack clone as it is exactly the same inside.
It came with a loose screw rattling about from the mosfet board. Then I found it had the neutral and active transposed on the output and one of the plugs was half out on the control board. Also there was an output board floating above the transformer that had shorted out onto the transformer mounting bracket. Fortunately the inverter survived until I found the faults and fixed them.
Pretty good inverters just need to be checked out before using and problems fixed.
So far it is going great. I can now run my air compressor and wood splitter directly off my solar. I only have to fire the generator up to do welding which I dont' do a lot of.
Is your 24 volt inverter 230/240 50hz output? and what size.
Pete

solarnewbee:
Hey Pete

Good to hear about your new inverter. The old inverter is 110/240 60hz 15kw (I only use the 240) I think the hertz is adjustable on this model. New inverter has push buttons to change voltages and hertz. The old one has DS18B20 temp sensors on everything. Glued on with thermal adhesive. Had a Rpi displaying temps. New inverter rarely gets warmed up unless you exceed 2000 watts and that’s just the coil. Heatsinks always feel cool to the touch.

All the best

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version