Renewable Energy Questions/Discussion > Solar (heating or electric)

I have disassembled my small solar power system

(1/2) > >>

WooferHound:
Hey Y'all . . . It's been a very long time since I've posted here but I still visit almost every day. I was divorced more than a year ago and I'm planning on moving to the house that is directly behind mine. It's a small house with a large 3 car garage to use as a shop and to store my sound and lighting rental gear in. So now I am remodeling the current house and have taken down all of my solar equipment and stored it in the shed where is was mounted. I miss it too, it was only 150 watts but I used it all the time.
http://timmythy.home.mindspring.com/re-power.htm

I will be putting this house for sale in a coupla months. When I finally get moved, the solar power will be the first project I take on and I'll increase the power capacity up to the max capability of the Ghurd Dump Load controller I made, 260 watts. Sorry for being so distant over the past year. I've just been a little bummed about my life situations. I really want to get moved to the other house and get started over again. I feel like it will help my mental attitude a lot.

bj:
   Nothing to be sorry about Woof.  Life gives us challenges and we deal with them however we can.
   It was good to see your name on a new post.
   Good luck with the new place, and your new start.

Norm:
glad to see ya back woof !  missed ya .....how time flies ....weather been gettin me almost down but I keep on goin anyway
    Well 150 watts is still a lot more than I got (3 VW panels) wish I had kept the 3 others that I had and gave to my relatives ....I never get any feedback about them ....I doubt if they are even using them .....what a waste that was !

Ghurd .....Haven't heard much from him either.....I suspect he been hurting also since his divorce .

Later Dude !  :)
Norm.

Jethro Tull:
Great page, thanks for archiving all of the information about your system, with great pictures too. I'm going to send it to a couple of friends.

I was thinking about your payback and figured it was around 24 years, but more like 38-40 years when you consider replacement costs. As you said you don't do it to save money and this page helps show you that you can't quite put a price on generating your own power.

And most hobbies don't pay for themselves at all!  ;)

ghurd:
Norm is correct.
Woof and I are in the same boat.
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version