Off Grid Living / Camping > Weapons/Hunting

Paranoid or Prepared?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wolvenar:
And to think, if the kid had used a shotgun the suspect(s) would had a MUCH less likely chance to have made it to the hospital.

http://newsninja2012.com/texas-15-year-old-protects-himself-and-his-sister-from-home-intruders-with-his-dads-ar-15-rifle/#axzz2JbqWlsW1

Wolvenar:
Anyone who is for an "assault weapons ban" PLEASE watch
This senator puts into words all the things I have been trying to convey for weeks, only he does it in a much more elegant way than I ever could.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6gZU01yF8

hiker1:
well if they put a ban on ammo--i still have my old back up ...plenty of black powder and balls .44
1851 navy colt.....................

David HK:
Just out of curiosity, if I wanted to own a 20mm anti aircraft gun and fire it on a range from time to time would a licence be required ? If yes, why?

I have the impression that Americans can own whatever they want in the way of guns.

How about 18 inch torpedoes? Can one own such things and have a day out firing them from one end of a lake to the other?

David in HK

tomw:

--- Quote from: hiker1 on February 02, 2013, 02:33:20 am ---well if they put a ban on ammo--i still have my old back up ...plenty of black powder and balls .44
1851 navy colt.....................

--- End quote ---

Today, that is not even considered a firearm by the ATF. Who knows next year?

A couple buckets of relatively common materials and you can make your own powder. Caps are  a bit tougher. Lead is not exactly rare, either.

I just keep a good stash of primers, powder and bulk bullets around and can reload the brass I have on hand enough times I am set for life as long as I don't live another 40 years (unlikely).

My more modern but no more lethal version of the .44 in a Magnum.

An example of how stupid they are on these "assault weapons". A bit of plastic changes what it is?

Sanity may yet prevail.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version