Off Grid Living / Camping > Utilities

Re: Image problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

ChrisOlson:
Well, maybe we can get oz's post on to a different thread somehow and try to fix the picture fiasco with it?  It's a really good post on how to build cheap off-grid DC gensets.  I ran one of these DC gensets with a Delco alternator on it for years and they are a very nice thing for off-grid people to have.  Oz put a lot of good information in that post and I would like to see it not get lost in the clutter.
--
Chris

rossw:

--- Quote from: Rover on May 03, 2012, 03:43:17 pm ---Something has to be looking at the TAG too closely...

--- End quote ---

And/Or the SMF guys are somewhat clue-deprived.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=414348.0

Can't say I like the "fix" - just keep increasing memory more and more until it works. IIRC, thats what happened "over there" that ended up causing a host of OTHER problems.

Surely the conversion can have a "useful" error message - like "Memory exhausted - needed (x), have (y)"....

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: rossw on May 03, 2012, 03:57:18 pm ---Can't say I like the "fix" - just keep increasing memory more and more until it works. IIRC, thats what happened "over there" that ended up causing a host of OTHER problems.

--- End quote ---

It's obviously a bug that has occurred with others too.  I don't like the "fix" either.  That's like dumping more gas on the fire and maybe it will go out.
--
Chris

Rover:
Just so we are clear I'm the numb nuts that raised the memory allocation for SMF over there . It got us through some of it (different errors that actually did point at memory), bad news was there was no memory to grab.

I agree we need to pass this back to Oztules post Chris, and move this somewhere else. I'm guilty

Rover

tomw:
Someone who actually knows how should split the comments (all that are about the photo issue) off into another thread.

Hate to see the original intent get obfuscated as it is a very nice writeup.

I would but would probably lose it all.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version