Off Grid Living / Camping > Weapons/Hunting

Will stone age work ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

rossw:

--- Quote from: frackers on April 30, 2012, 04:53:05 pm ---thanks to the archaeologist Phil Harding who is something of an expert in these things :)

--- End quote ---

And he has such a wonderful accent!

frackers:

--- Quote from: rossw on April 30, 2012, 05:35:51 pm ---And he has such a wonderful accent!

--- End quote ---
Oh God aaarrrr

'ere Tony, look at this 'ere bit o' pot...

Tritium:
I sometimes use a sling for rabbit hunting. 

Thurmond

Grit:
Slings work. just never got past the rabbit stick. Grit

ghurd:
"weapons are from another time"?

My "Whitetail Hunter" from circa 1980? (relagated to carp fishing many years ago)
Or my .58 cap&ball Mountain rifle from circa 1970? (Douglass barrel <sp?>)
Or my circa 1995(?) Barrnett "fast as lightning" crossbow? (so fast, I carry extra C-clips to hold the dang cables on, because every pull of the trigger is a crap shoot as to which C-clip will fly off)
Or my Dad's rusted and trusted 1966(?) Rem 700 ADL in .222 with a stock thats been cracked for as long as I can recall? (still holds 1/2min of angle).

Gosh!  I have socks older than those new-made flint broadheads!

I tried an atlatl when I was about 12.  I can tell you they don't work.

Much more lethal than the atlatl is a green apple the size of a half dollar, on a green stick... if you manage to hit something... it will be covered in chunky applesauce.

I tried flint knapping too.
The guys who CLAIM it is possible must have different materials in their remote , outer-edge of suberbia circa 1975 driveways than I had in mine.
MAYBE slag from steel mills is not exactlly the best choice for knapping, even if it is the black glass looking stuff.

Do not take it the wrong way.
Just having some fun remembering stuff.
And it was a lot of fun remembering.
G-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version