Off Grid Living / Camping > Off Grid Living / Alternative Housing

100% RE built deck.

<< < (2/4) > >>

ghurd:
Very nice.

Always kind of amazed when people say 500W of solar is not enough to do anything.
You showed it more than enough!
G-

birdhouse:

--- Quote ---Always kind of amazed when people say 500W of solar is not enough to do anything.
You showed it more than enough!
--- End quote ---

granted i've got a 480Ah @ 24v bank behind it.  it still kept up with a 2Hp compressor running 3-4 minutes straight at times while i was firing away. 

anyone ever put an ammeter on a charger for a Li-ion 18v cordless set up?  i've got 3Ah makita batteries, and i've always wondered what they pull on the AC side of things?

sadly, i've got another ~700w of panels IN the shed.  yet another summer project!

adam

bvan1941:
Adam,
Good post and very nice work. you've got to be real happy with yourself whenver your sitting back having a beer ----or two!
Bill

birdhouse:
thanks bill!

in all seriousness, i actually slowly drink light beer the entire time i'm building stuff out at my ranch.  seems to to take the edge off from 13 hour days of slinging and butchering lumber! 

i've been framing for many years, so when i'm not getting paid, and doing it for myself, i drop the pace a bit, sip on a cold one, and put in the hours.  i had one helper, and we built the deck in 2.5 days and went through ~150 8' 2x6. that's 1200 linear foot of 2x6.  not to mention the concrete/footing work. 

but yes, it does make for a nice spot to sip on a cold one or four after the work is done!

adam

ksouers:
Adam,
The only thing I noticed missing is a spot to sling a hammock!

Yes, it looks like a great place to hang out and visit over a couple beers, and well into the evenings :)
Great work.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version