Off Grid Living / Camping > Off Grid Living / Alternative Housing

Induction Cooktop

<< < (8/8)

Wolvenar:
We have a supposed high end full copper bottom  cookware set. they are a pita in my opinion. They have a rough circular pattern inside that everything sticks to and burns. I cant imagine what the designers thought this was supposed to accomplish. I have tried to convince the wife to let me try polishing the bottom of one of the smaller pots to see if I can fix this.. So far no luck, one day though she might get ticked enough at this problem to let me at them with an orbital sander :)

WooferHound:
I wonder how hard it would be to DIY an induction cook top, maybe get it to work off of a DC circuit ?

ChrisOlson:

--- Quote from: Wolvenar on February 12, 2012, 04:18:24 pm ---We have a supposed high end full copper bottom  cookware set. they are a pita in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I'll bet you a $10 bill that's the same type that my wife just threw in the scrap bin a couple days ago.  The whole pan is actually copper but it's clad with stainless steel above the burner area of it.  They don't work at all on an induction top.  I mean, they get warm enough to maybe feel some warmth, but they won't cook anything.

When we've used them in the camper on the gas cooktop they'll burn a pancake or eggs right to the pan before it's even hard enough to flip it over.  And you have to peel it off with a chisel, damn near.  On the electric cook top with conventional elements like we had before, you had to turn the "burner" way up to get the pan hot, then turn it down to the lowest setting and let it equal out to be able to cook something without burning it.

And the bottom of the pan inside and out looks like it was turned on a lathe with the crossfeed set to max so it's got threads in it.

If they're like that, I agree they're junk.  My wife just threw out a set of three frying pans and one bigger pot like that.
--
Chris

Wolvenar:
Yeah, that's an exact description.
I can say they are not any sort of kitchen "aid" as their name implies.
We have a couple non brand name copper bottom that are just awesome, so it has more to do with this particular design it seems. These have been a nightmare. They are only ok if you are doing something like soups, or anything that's very liquid, but that's about it.

Well there ya go everyone, product to stay away from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version